Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soccer Aid

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
June 5th - Old Trafford and live on ITV

Always a great occassion and for an excellent cause. This years edition could be the best yet judging by the stellar line-up they've put together.

England

Management

Jose Mourinho
Robbie Williams (Asst)
Sam Allardyce (Asst)
Bradley Walsh (Coach)
Kris Akabusi (Physio)

Celebrities

Jonathan Wilkes (C)
Olly Murs
Louis Tomlinson
Ben Shephard
Paddy McGuinness
John Bishop
Jack Whitehall
Mark Wright
Danny Jones
Jamie Theakston (GK)
Vernon Kay
Stephen Mulhern

Legends

Jamie Carragher
Robbie Fowler
Phil Neville
Jermaine Defoe
Danny Murphy
David Seaman

Rest of World

Management

Claudio Ranieri
Niall Horan (Asst)
Alex Salmond (Asst)
John Barrowman (Coach)

Celebrities

Gordon Ramsey
Patrick Kielty (Gk)
Rhod Gilbert
AP McCoy
Matthew Morrison
Sean Fletcher
Colin Paterson
Michael Sheen (C)
Steven Fleming

Legends

Ronaldinho
Cafu
Jaap Stam
Fabio Cannavaro
Dimitar Berbatov
Edgar Davids
Samuel Eto'o
Dmithri Kharine (Gk)
Boncho Guenchev
Regi Blinker

RoW are warm favourites but lets hope our boys can do them and raise a lot of money for a good cause at the same timer.

:ascarf:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I know he has done a lot for soccer aid but this just sums up 'celebrity' for me. Didn't he release one song that flopped and is more famous for being Robbie Williams' mate?

'Celebrities

Jonathan Wilkes (C)'

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I know he has done a lot for soccer aid but this just sums up 'celebrity' for me. Didn't he release one song that flopped and is more famous for being Robbie Williams' mate?

'Celebrities

Jonathan Wilkes (C)'

A little harsh, he's fronted popular shows like You've Been Framed and SMTV and toured extensively in Theatre shows. I guess it also helps that he's a very talented footballer.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
A little harsh, he's fronted popular shows like You've Been Framed and SMTV and toured extensively in Theatre shows. I guess it also helps that he's a very talented footballer.

In truth, that was a little harsh and I hadn't had a coffee yet. I must have missed the theatre shows but pretty sure You've been framed and SMTV were a very long time ago.

I gues sin my mind there are just so many 'celebrities' that have barely done anything in their careers. A bit like Amanda Holden!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seems like a good excuse to wheel this old clip out again

[YT]Mq1fEQLXT5w[/YT]

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It's all for a good cause but I can't help but resent the fact Williams and his little clique of showbiz pals get to play at being footballers every year with all the trimmings.

How about including a few "real" people and reward them for their work raising funds, working in the community or surviving adversity with a run out in place of some of these so-called celebs who so generously give up their time for a glorified kickabout with their mates. What about a place for a top footy fan or Sunday League player?

I see Williams has dropped to the bench this year. Was it last year the fat git strutted up with that smug look on his face to take what would have been the winning penalty only to produce a shot as utterly crap as one of his songs?

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
CORRECTION:

Celebrities

Jonathan Wilkes (C)
Olly Murs
Louis Tomlinson
Ben Shephard
Paddy McGuinness
John Bishop
Jack Whitehall
Mark Wright
Danny Jones
Jamie Theakston (GK)
Vernon Kay
Stephen Mulhern

Legends

Ashley Cole
JLloyd Samuel
Matt Derbyshire
Reuben Reid
Jed Wallace

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ronaldinho is going to have A LOVELY old time out there.

Jermaine Defoe should score about 5.

I enjoy these.....apart from Joanthan Wilkes who is clearly an idiot (despite the charity n all that!). I still remember him trying to FIGHT Davids and then being a DICK for the rest of the game.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's all for a good cause but I can't help but resent the fact Williams and his little clique of showbiz pals get to play at being footballers every year with all the trimmings.

How about including a few "real" people and reward them for their work raising funds, working in the community or surviving adversity with a run out in place of some of these so-called celebs who so generously give up their time for a glorified kickabout with their mates. What about a place for a top footy fan or Sunday League player?

I see Williams has dropped to the bench this year. Was it last year the fat git strutted up with that smug look on his face to take what would have been the winning penalty only to produce a shot as utterly crap as one of his songs?

Unfortunately I don't think if it was just normal people they'd get an audience of 75,000 paying between £20-£40 for tickets and a TV audience of 3-5m.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Unfortunately I don't think if it was just normal people they'd get an audience of 75,000 paying between £20-£40 for tickets and a TV audience of 3-5m.

I don't mean teams made up only of "normal people", just some. Have the legends, a few celebs but also make places available for a lucky few who really would appreciate the once in a lifetime experience.

Also, I struggle to see how the celebs lined up for this year (again) entice a crowd of that size.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Love soccer aid. Utterly bizarre and feels the closest that real life gets to a dream.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
CORRECTION:

Celebrities

Jonathan Wilkes (C)
Olly Murs
Louis Tomlinson
Ben Shephard
Paddy McGuinness
John Bishop
Jack Whitehall
Mark Wright
Danny Jones
Jamie Theakston (GK)
Vernon Kay
Stephen Mulhern

Legends

Ashley Cole
JLloyd Samuel
Matt Derbyshire
Reuben Reid
Jed Wallace

Okaaaay. Legends is perhaps a bit over the top....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here