Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dr Blighty- Brighton Pavilion Gardens

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Well worth a visit.

Recaptures the time Indian soldiers were in the Pavilion hospital during WW1.

Dr Blighty is a project taking place in the Royal Pavilion Garden from 2pm – 10.30pm every day until Sat 28 May.

The aim is to ‘experience a dreamlike environment of immersive installations, ambient soundscapes and theatrical interludes, inspired by letters the soldiers sent back home’

Amazing 3-d effects on the 9.30pm show.

I've put a few pictures here, although I suspect others will have taken much better.

https://brightonlines.com/2016/05/2...-world-war-ones-forgotten-indian-service-men/

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Just seen some pictures of it, looked fantastic

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Pav Colour border.jpg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Out of town for the next couple of nights am hoping to catch the end of it saturday after the Architects gig at the Concorde. This looks spectacular.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Out of town for the next couple of nights am hoping to catch the end of it saturday after the Architects gig at the Concorde. This looks spectacular.

9.30 pm, runs every ten minutes.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Suggest the crowd was over the thousand mark tonight. Arrive early in the coming days. Word is spreading.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Went there last night. Amazing show. I actually took a couple of photos at the beginning, and then put the camera down as the whole story and light show just immerses you. Very moving.

It's part of an set-up which also includes 2,300 'candles' placed across the Pavilion lawns - one for every Indian soldier treated at the Pavilion - and letters are read out on speakers across the gardens.

Go and see it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here