Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boliva

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Want to visit Bolivia this year but why can't I find direct flights without all the extras? I only want flight prices as will sort out hotels/rooms on arrival as I'm a backpacker.

I've looked at flights and it says call so and so for more details which I don't want as it costs money and they try and include extras.

Has anyone visited Bolivia without one of these all inclusive packages?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You can get the price of your flights subsidised, if you don't mind carrying a parcel for a mate of a mate.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surely Bolivia is only worth going for the extras?

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
You can get the price of your flights subsidised, if you don't mind carrying a parcel for a mate of a mate.

I'm street wise and have travelled many places and have sampled their culture and will do in Bolivia (sniff sniff) but I'll not jeopardise my freedom for greedy cartels.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Have you tried flying on BA to Lima (new route starting direct from Gatwick) and then get an internal flight on LATAM to La Paz?

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Have you tried flying on BA to Lima (new route starting direct from Gatwick) and then get an internal flight on LATAM to La Paz?

No i haven't but will check and see what they are charging. Thanks for the help, never been to south America before so I'm a novice.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Want to visit Bolivia this year but why can't I find direct flights without all the extras? I only want flight prices as will sort out hotels/rooms on arrival as I'm a backpacker.

I've looked at flights and it says call so and so for more details which I don't want as it costs money and they try and include extras.

Has anyone visited Bolivia without one of these all inclusive packages?

You're looking at the wrong sites. Try kayak or Expedia.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
You're looking at the wrong sites. Try kayak or Expedia.

Thanks. Shall sit down tonight and go through all the names given in this thread and hopefully can book a flight. Want to fly in November and come back in December for Xmas and family.

Thanks all :)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Might be worth asking people you know how they dealt with the altitude in Bolivia or nearby countries. Headaches, dizzyness and sickness can vary from person to person. Sounds like a beautiful country though.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Probably my favourite place to visit. Would definitely recommend flying to Lima and travelling down. One of the best places to visit the Amazon. Take the trip by road if you can. It's edge of the seat stuff but amazing.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
You might want to look at getting an "open jaw" type of ticket - you fly into one city, and out of another, often for the same sort of price as a simple return. For your trip you could fly into Lima (lots to see and do in Peru) and perhaps out of Iquique, in neighbouring Chile - which would give you the chance to travel through Bolivia from Lake Titicaca down to the Uyuni salt flats, and then the Atacama dessert.
I'd recommend learning a smattering of Spanish, particularly away from tourist areas, just to be polite of course.
Altitude can make you wheezy and uncomfortable, and some people react badly, taking it easy on arrival and chewing cocoa leaves(apparently) will help you acclimatise.
Oh, and the marching powder is RIDICULOUSLY cheap
Enjoy !!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
When I did my African adventure I flew:
Heathrow > Entebbe
Entebbe > Nairobi
Nairobi > Jo'burg
Jo'burg > Heathrow
All one-way journeys and over a five week period back in 2013.

One site I found really useful to tell me which airlines operated out of which airports was www.flightmapper.net
Took a lot of investigation and I explored a lot of the smaller airport / internal flight options but would recommend having a look at this site.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
As others have said you might want to fly into either Argentina/Peru and travel over land or internal flight into Bolivia. It is a great country to visit, make sure you check out the salt flats, you can pick up pretty cheap 4x4 tours across the flats for a few days starting in Tupiza. We travelled in from Salta in Argentina first. Potosi is worth a visit as well to go down into the Silver mines. Pretty harrowing but an amazing experience. South America is a long way to go and not take in a bit of Peru and the inca trail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here