Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pause for a thought....................... !!!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Looks like most of the posters on here have given that to YOUR thread.
The link is actually worth following. Quite amusing stuff.

"I am in the depression phase right now, as are most supporters I suspect. Most of the time I am OK but I frequently find myself daydreaming about Puncheon's goal and the best ensuing three minutes of my life since I lost my virginity.

There is still an unreachable source of sadness somewhere deep in my heart which may never truly leave me."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not very classy to use this grief thing imo, given it's usually associated with losing someone which is incomparable to football.

Credit to the writer though, in that he did acknowledge it was just the 'advantage' decisions the ref got wrong as other palace on here did yesterday (ie there wasn't a penalty decision go against them like sexy dancing 'Pards' suggested afterwards.). He also did say it took away their chance of scoring - not taking away clear goals which is fair play again.

I would say that I don't agree with his 'won no trophies' line. That stinks of premier league armchair fans things to say. Palace won the play offs twice from what I can recall and also probably won the div 1 title or div 2 title back in the day at some point? They are trophies and are just as important as FA Cups or Premier Leagues imo - you've got to be relative about it. I consider the 4 trophies BHA have won in this century (my main Albion supporting life) very much as trophies won. I'm sure the palace fans on here will agree with this too.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would say that I don't agree with his 'won no trophies' line. That stinks of premier league armchair fans things to say. Palace won the play offs twice from what I can recall and also probably won the div 1 title or div 2 title back in the day at some point? They are trophies and are just as important as FA Cups or Premier Leagues imo - you've got to be relative about it. I consider the 4 trophies BHA have won in this century (my main Albion supporting life) very much as trophies won. I'm sure the palace fans on here will agree with this too.

I am not sure why they are not celebrating their Zenith Data Systems Cup win surely this is a trophy to be held in the highest regard.

Personally I don't regard winning the play-offs as a trophy, as it seems a bit unfair to finish 6th and get promoted and then to claim a trophy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here