Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro James Morrison

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Reported to be offering him £70,000 a week, a lot of money for a bang average midfielder.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
whats that coming over the hill?

Administration
Administrationnnnnnn

edit: Just realised this is my 3,000th post. Was expecting to post something meaningful and though provoking. Oh well, that can wait until 4,000

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The new TV deal coming in gives clubs pretty much double the revenue they'd have previously received last season and inevitably this will trickle down into players salaries so a player on 35k a week 12 months ago will probably be looking at that sort of figure now. The gap between PL and the rest continues to grow.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was thinking about the much heralded mega TV deal, it'll be the same pool of bang average players (the best ones will still choose Madrid and Barcelona) except with a pay rise. The disparity between the PL and Championship will be catastrophic for teams relegated from the PL even with their huge "parachute"/failure payoffs.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think I read a few days ago that Boro have hiked their ST prices since promotion, cheapest is £570 or something like that, needless to say the locals weren't impressed.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

whats that coming over the hill?

Administration
Administrationnnnnnn

edit: Just realised this is my 3,000th post. Was expecting to post something meaningful and though provoking. Oh well, that can wait until 4,000

That should be in about 4 years on your current run-rate.. there will still be the threads on Jonathan Calleri and Glenn Murray going on - maybe you can end one of those with a flourish on 4000??

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Ok so the good thing about not going up is that my contributions to the club are not contributing towards paying a player of that standard that much money!

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I think I read a few days ago that Boro have hiked their ST prices since promotion, cheapest is £570 or something like that, needless to say the locals weren't impressed.

And they seems to be struggling to sell them. As I bought a ticket in the boro end for the last game, I an now on their mailing list and receive "let's fill the riverside" emails most days

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The new TV deal coming in gives clubs pretty much double the revenue they'd have previously received last season and inevitably this will trickle down into players salaries so a player on 35k a week 12 months ago will probably be looking at that sort of figure now. The gap between PL and the rest continues to grow.

clubs are not going to just double their wages and face the consequences of that down the line - wage inflation wouldnt help them secure better players. i'd expect increases, but also more players for deeper squads with more quality and also investment in facilities.

i dont believe anyone is going to offer £70k for so-so players, reading yesterday about Chelsea originally offering a Inter player that much.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the £70K wage for JM is true, this is very worrying.

What would they pay for a decent Albion player?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
image.jpg

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I wonder if Garth Crooks still thinks he is deserving of England call-up, despite his 41 caps for Scotland.

He started out his career at Boro and he's usually good for 6-8 goals a season from midfield which is a handy trait to have in a team being promoted to a higher division. £70,000 a week is steep if correct, but he'll do a good job for them if he goes back there.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
And they seems to be struggling to sell them. As I bought a ticket in the boro end for the last game, I an now on their mailing list and receive "let's fill the riverside" emails most days
Where abouts in the ground did you go? I was in the East stand block closest to the away fans, very hard to keep my emotions inside and to myself, especially when they scored and at full time, everyone hugging and celebrating and me just stood there before leaving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here