Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

Are unions still worth paying into?

0 Not allowed!
    I have been a member of the Unite union for several years.
    Have never used them, only joined as a couple option when my wife had difficulties with a certain bitch of a boss, and that's another story!!
    Anyway digressing, is the whole union thing still worth paying £10 a month?
    NSC sages please do advise
    https://youtu.be/oCyXsHC-lQ4

@Brighton Lines "The MASSIVE shield: Amex Ruislip who thinks Sheffield Wednesday are 13th in the Premier League"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Still Got. A Vote wellquickwoody's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have never used them, only joined as a couple option when my wife had difficulties with a certain bitch of a boss, and that's another story!!
      Unite are an utter waste of space. Useless when actually needed by their members, but very good at publicising their 'services' and representatives to keep the membership paying in, which in turn pays their over inflated wages, ad infinitum. Drain on their members and upon the public purse. IMHO of course
      Old Git from Crystal Palace is a convicted *****, but he won’t tell you that!

0 Not allowed!
      Imagine a world without unions ....
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.

1 Not allowed!
      Probably not worth the money these days. For better or worse, a busted flush. Not a good thing, but that's reality.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      Imagine a world without unions ....
      Rather not. A company I worked for routinely flouted employment law and gave staff grief over matters they had no right to.

It was when we involved a Union that they were forced to simply obey the law and honour staff contracts.
      'I've been forbidden from announcing anymore targets or deadlines'

0 Not allowed!
      Very good thread I pay TSSA £23.92 a month and I have never really required their services.

So I have always seen them as an insurance policy in case something bad happened, well it has to a certain extent as my company want to cap our pensions on salary and to be honest TSSA seem indifferent.

Should I save this money or keep paying and I opted out to contributing to the labour party with the political levy around 20 odd years a go.
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
      Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      As a professional driver i cannot afford not too.
      In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.

0 Not allowed!
      Yes.

It was union involvement at one of my work places that ensured employment law was upheld and contracts were honoured. The union was crucial in defending workers at times. A number of internal practices were changed as a result of their involvement.

1 Not allowed!
      Twenty or so years of my working life were spent in the Civil Service. The Union was less useful than Kemy Agustien.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hut View Post
      Very good thread I pay TSSA £23.92 a month and I have never really required their services.

So I have always seen them as an insurance policy in case something bad happened, well it has to a certain extent as my company want to cap our pensions on salary and to be honest TSSA seem indifferent.

Should I save this money or keep paying and I opted out to contributing to the labour party with the political levy around 20 odd years a go.
      I was with the GMB when I was in work (my company went insolvent). They were pretty proactive. It cost about £13 a month.