Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money will Hughton get this summer?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well certainly not as much as last season, as stated by TB.
CH will have to do his magic all over again next season.
Frugal is the word :)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Fifty thousand dollars....CASH!!!!!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Answer to that also depends on who / if any players heads out of the exit door and on any fee's that head in the other direction.

As a minimum, I feel we need a 4th choice centre back, a young highly promising right back who can be Bruno's understudy, 2 central midfielders and 2 forwards.

Not all of which need to be permanent transfers,

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Answer to that also depends on who / if any players heads out of the exit door and on any fee's that head in the other direction.

As a minimum, I feel we need a 4th choice centre back, a young highly promising right back who can be Bruno's understudy, 2 central midfielders and 2 forwards.

I'd say the same except only one central midfielder - unless he can manage to sell Ince and/or JFC (or get rid of Holla). Obviously, if any of the players leave then he'd need to get the chequebook out - but I imagine if any of the regulars go, he'd get decent dosh for them

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Agree with all this. Another two central midfielders are a must. I would actually rather sign a right back that wouldn't be Bruno's understudy who could be first choice.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Worth noting it's not as simple as 'how much will we spend' as I'm guessing you mean transfer fees. Hughton will get a playing budget like normal and wages are always a big thing which we don't ever know about. First thing I'd like to see out the budget is improved contracts for some of the star performers last season - Kayal & Stephens straight away...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Worth noting it's not as simple as 'how much will we spend' as I'm guessing you mean transfer fees. Hughton will get a playing budget like normal and wages are always a big thing which we don't ever know about. First thing I'd like to see out the budget is improved contracts for some of the star performers last season - Kayal & Stephens straight away...

Not that we have too,but it would be nice to make a £5M purchase some time.......Kayal must have about a year an a bit left,vital we get him on an improved and Stephens.....both bargains

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Not that we have too,but it would be nice to make a £5M purchase some time.......Kayal must have about a year an a bit left,vital we get him on an improved and Stephens.....both bargains

Why though? Sure, it'd be great to see an "intent" signing and I dare say that we might even get one. But I'm not sure I want to get into a pissing contest with the likes of Boro, Derby or Fulham and buy a "name" for the sake of it. Big price tags come with big expectations. I'd be equally as happy with a lower key signing that turned out to be another Kayal or Knockaert. After all, when we initially got those two there were mixed receptions on here- now we wouldn't be without them.

Plus, I'm not buying Tony's comments for a second. I cannot imagine, after the season we've had, and knowing that FFP is basically in the bin, that he's not going to go after the players he wants. But at the same time he's not going to turn around on camera and say "We're going balls out this summer" - because every club would suddenly start upping their prices!!! The thing that I'm absolutely certain of though, is that in Paul Winstanley and Chris Hughton, whoever it is they go after, whether they spend £1 or £1million - they'll be the RIGHT players. I am so excited about this close season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think the budget will be roughly the same as last year. The only difference being, we won't need to spread the recruitment over so many players to turn failure into success. Also there is not as big a distance to travel to reach success than there was at the start of last season.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Agree with all this. Another two central midfielders are a must. I would actually rather sign a right back that wouldn't be Bruno's understudy who could be first choice.

We could sign Liam Rosenior. He'd be fantastic a fantastic option to have at Right or Left full back. :)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Is there more prize money for coming 3rd, against 4th, 5th, 6th etc?

Now one would think that would be a good and fair option, that a team that finished 3rd and 15 points clear of the 6th placed might receive a greater reward. However the TV companies sorry I mean FA think it is fairer that even the losing team in the play offs gets more money than us....

I'm not bitter..... Walk away from the iPad Judd walk away...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here