Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Carlos Teixeira

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Out of contract with LFC this summer and not being offered a new contract.

Impressed me in his time with us. Thoughts?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Fail to see where he'd fit in to a Hughton 4-4-2 so it's a no from me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Definitely worth a shout if on a free

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He'll be going back to Portugal me thinks

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There will be times when we don't want to play 4 4 2 so to me he certainly should be reviewed . Hopefully someone at the club will remember what he could offer the team ( good ball skills and the ability to beat players in the central areas).

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
100% definitely. He's of the level that you'd be silly not to swap one of the forwards out for him and add that extra variety to our play.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would be happy to see him back. Very skilful player - may not start regularly because of CH's 442 policy, but would be great to bring on if and when things needed shaking up a bit. Sort of Plan B - now wouldn't it be nice to have one of those!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not for me. Decent player in his time but not part of this current set up. We're looking for players that can go a 46 game season scrap, knock in maybe 15-20 goals or seal up a back four or deputise for Stephens and Kayal when the refs and opposition midfielders get out of order. He doesn't quite fit any of them.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Could be perfect especially playing away from home with one up top. Could add a bit of attacking flair in front of the midfield two

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Depends what sort of money he is looking for? Gives us a plan B although I'm not sure he has enough goals to do the Baldock role (Not sure Baldock has enough goals for the Baldock role either :smile:)

If we could get him, hard to see a downside really though. He's a million pound plus player so a decent resell even if it wasn't a roaring success. Would be auseful option at home to break down mass defences and would be an upgrade on Lua Lua in that regard, I would think someone at the bottom end of the PL will pick him up though...

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Depends what sort of money he is looking for? Gives us a plan B although I'm not sure he has enough goals to do the Baldock role (Not sure Baldock has enough goals for the Baldock role either :smile:)

If we could get him, hard to see a downside really though. He's a million pound plus player so a decent resell even if it wasn't a roaring success. Would be auseful option at home to break down mass defences and would be an upgrade on Lua Lua in that regard, I would think someone at the bottom end of the PL will pick him up though...
I understand that he was on a pittance so I don't think wages would be a problem

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we have 6 central midfielders in the squad, then...

Stephens
Kayal
New CM ( Sidwell ? )
New CM
Towell
Tex

...looks about right. Sign him up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills