Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If MU were prepared to let him come back on loan would you accept him?

I would

a) We understand what is happening with his health
b) He is relatively cheap > 5k
c) He does some weight training in the summer (assuming health issues are behind him)

I think he is a good player , able to run with the ball and knows where the goal is. I think he will score a lot of goals...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If we fail at getting anyone better in then I guess I would, but I wouldn't consider it as anything close to a coup on our part.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Eeeerrrrrrrr Ummmmmmm.... No

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yep, totally agree with your comments, if we tick these boxes then it's a no brainer.

I know some on here don't like him, but then some don't have a clue. He is good enough at this level if not a starter definitely off the bench and some games where the opposition is opened up he can have an impact .

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If MU were prepared to let him come back on loan would you accept him?

I would

a) We understand what is happening with his health
b) He is relatively cheap > 5k
c) He does some weight training in the summer (assuming health issues are behind him)

I think he is a good player , able to run with the ball and knows where the goal is. I think he will score a lot of goals...

No and what on earth does c) mean? Is it a reflection of the NSC obsession with players needing to "bulk up"? Thank God Peter Ward didn't.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If this post is bumped next May after he has scored 25 goals for us, I say yes. Otherwise not too fussed.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
With Mourinho, Ibrahimovic and possibly 200m worth of new talent rocking up to Old Trafford then you'd naturally assume his chances of Wilson being anywhere near the Man Utd first team next season are extremely slim. Likelihood is that he'll be sent out on loan and probably either to a lower prem team such as Swansea or Sunderland.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
No and what on earth does c) mean? Is it a reflection of the NSC obsession with players needing to "bulk up"? Thank God Peter Ward didn't.

Peter Ward played in a different era, players now are stronger and need to be fitter. I don't expect him to 'bulk up' but would expect him to be stronger on the ball. To me he looked terrific in first few games then something (health issues) happened and if they have gone then he will bean excellent striker. Shame so many pep have dismissed him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chris will know the correct answer.

If he failed because he was ill, and it looks like he's over his illness, then yes please.
If he failed for any other reason, then no thanks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep, totally agree with your comments, if we tick these boxes then it's a no brainer.

I know some on here don't like him, but then some don't have a clue. He is good enough at this level if not a starter definitely off the bench and some games where the opposition is opened up he can have an impact .

Interesting if he came back seeing as many decided he was the scapegoat for us remaining in the Championship.

Personally I would have him back if all other options are out of our price bracket.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It was one of 3 conditions that I wanted to be met i.e. we need to understand what is happening with his health. To me he went from excellent to 'off' and looked to me he was not well , probably a virus or glandular fever...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here