Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jazz Supreme Festival. Firle

getz

Jan 15, 2010
We are thinking of going on the Sunday. Being of advanced years and never experienced a festival before what should we expect? Thinking of taking the car,is that wise also.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
First off, it's in Glynde!

Expect a nice, pleasant afternoon. It seems a successful festival but does not get too crowded.

It's a 15 min walk from Glynde station. Check timetable as it'll be Sunday service especially for heading home. There is a bus service and also a farmer chap who offers lifts for a fee on his tractor and trailor from the station. I've not driven but noticed there's plenty of parking in an adjacent field. There are plenty of stalls selling food, beer and merchandise. It a bit pricey though. As is standard practice, you can't take your own alcohol into the arena.

Oh, and pedants alert! It's called Love Supreme. Check their website for the line up. There's one large stage and the other acts, which for me are the more interesting, perform in circus tents under canvas.

I've gone every year for one of the days and had a really good time. Its great to be able to see jazz musicians of such calibre in Sussex rather than having to trek up to London.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
nice-jazz.jpg

Someone had to...

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Sorry for my silly mistakes.Most unlike me. For those who might be interested Sunday's line-up includes Caro Emerald, Melody Gardot,Clare Martin/Ray Gelato and many others .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here