Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gumtree

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Totally off topic, but as there are no singings to talk about....

Anyone had any experience with selling stuff on Gumtree?

I have recently put a bed on there and my wives car, had to take them off, as never had so many time wasters and general idiots.

Texts like...

Can I come tonight at 11pm? - What???
Is it still for sale?
Will you take £xxx

People even ring you, arrange to come and never turn up. .'I definitely want it', its exactly what I have been looking for'

I genuinely think that people standards have dropped, no courtesy, I am exhausted from all the binfestery.

Take my advice, dont use it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have successfully sold quite a lot of stuff on there, but I agree about the IDIOTS who respond to some ads. I've found it depends on what you are selling, and the amount you are selling it for. I had to sell a load of furniture last year before I left the UK, and I think for every item I got someone emailing me saying "will you take xxx for it?" Usually about half of what I advertised it for. I do EXPECT to negotiate a price when I sell something but it shouldn't be the opening line in the email. Come round, look at it, then make me an offer.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Sounds just like those facebook selling/donating groups.

I've had to get rid of some furniture and put it on a couple FB groups. Everything says on it "Must be collected" yet people still ask if I will deliver it. One woman said "can I come and have a look", I said "yes" and she came back straight away with "I've not got any transport"

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
My best one via gumtree was a youngish girl who brought a cheap flat pack wardrobe off me for about twenty quid. She asked if I could give her a hand getting it out which I assumed to be to help her to her car, it turned out that she didn't have a car but she wanted me to help her to the bus stop. Fine, it's only round the corner, the bus was just approaching and she asked if I could pay for her bus as she was skint! I politely declined and bid her farewell.
The next day on my way to work next to the bus stop was half of the wardrobe. Very strange girl.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Ignore anyone who is buying it for their ill,deaf, sick, or recovering relative who'll arrange a courier to collect.
Scam.
I had what looked like a very genuine email but noticed the word Girlfriend was in a different typeface and point size, as if they'd just changed that word in an otherwise templated email.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Last year I put a small chest freezer on Gumtree. I did not want any money for it, so I advertised it as "Free To Collector". I had a miserable women from Moulsecoomb phone up to ask "would I be prepared to deliver"!!!!

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Yes, the instant "will you take tenner?" for something you've advertised for £50 gets on your tits.

Was selling a single bed with mattress and was asked "will it fit in Ford Ka?"...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sounds just like those facebook selling/donating groups.

I've had to get rid of some furniture and put it on a couple FB groups. Everything says on it "Must be collected" yet people still ask if I will deliver it. One woman said "can I come and have a look", I said "yes" and she came back straight away with "I've not got any transport"

And we are about to let people like your correspondent have a say on Brexit. . . . .And people wonder why I have mixed feelings about democracy. :shootself:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here