Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nearly 22,000 season tickets sold already for 2016/17

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wonder where that puts us in the national standings of MASSIVE clubs...?

Interesting that with only 1.3K(?) average away fans we need to sell a lot on the day to keep achieving our very high average.

Hopefully won't be an issue next year as Chris and the boys treat us to another brilliant season and the people of Sussex flock to The Amex in ever greater numbers...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting that with only 1.3K(?) average away fans we need to sell a lot on the day to keep achieving our very high average.

Villa, Newcastle and Norwich should provide a positive impact on the average away crowds we see.

Not sure Wigan and Burton will though...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
22,000 in our 6th season now at the Amex, didn't people say novelty of new stadium & new fans would have worn off after a couple of seasons, still no prem football but the fan base grows stronger & stronger :albion2:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
22,000 in our 6th season now at the Amex, didn't people say novelty of new stadium & new fans would have worn off after a couple of seasons, still no prem football but the fan base grows stronger & stronger :albion2:

6th season syndrome?

How many STs did we start last season (as in the one we've just finished) with?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Bloody fairweather JCLs etc. They'll be gone once the paint has dried etc. Where were you when you were etc.

Wonderful stuff - the mild diversion of the Euros then back to business. Can't WAIT,

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
22,000. All supporting Arsenal or Chelsea and who were all supposed to have lost interest about 3 seasons ago. I wonder what our friends from Pikeyland will be getting after their PL/Cup final season eh?

We will make the PL and when we do, we will have everything in place to make the next step...

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Really toying with the idea of Season Tickets for me and my son.

It would cost a small fortune travelling down from reading every other week and there will be the whole midweek moves that would scupper things BUT I get a bonus on Friday which ends up about £1,000 after tax and I could put that toward our season tickets and then into savings for petrol!

Very, VERY tempting. yet I believe the wife has plans for said bonus

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Loved Burton in the cup , nice compact ground ,decent atmosphere (they have a drum ) and away terracing , should easily sell that one out , never doing Wigan again , Norwich will be our weekender awayday i reckon , and Newky if the funds permit .

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Didn't PB say in one of the last programmes that they were already 'well in excess of 22k' ?

We'll probably break our record this coming season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

It would cost a small fortune travelling down from reading every other week and there will be the whole midweek moves that would scupper things BUT I get a bonus on Friday which ends up about £1,000 after tax and I could put that toward our season tickets and then into savings for petrol!

Her plans are surely for you to get some quality father son time in ;-)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Villa, Newcastle and Norwich should provide a positive impact on the average away crowds we see.

Not sure Wigan and Burton will though...

Think Burton might, they have a reasonable following and a first year novelty will pack a few more in.

We want Newcastle, Villa, etc on the colder Winter Saturdays or Tuesday nights, as still guarantees away sell out and the "smaller" clubs ealry and late season. Still we could also try Groupon, only joking!

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Wonder where that puts us in the national standings of MASSIVE clubs...?

Hopefully won't be an issue next year as Chris and the boys treat us to another brilliant season and the people of Sussex flock to The Amex in ever greater numbers...

Doubt we'll have many cash paying customers this season as prices have increased.

el punal

Follow your heart! I've got two season tickets, one pour moi and the other for Madame/ family/friends. Like you, I have to travel a bit of a distance (from Southampton) for home games. And yes, for mid-week evening games, driving is a pain in the arse. But in the end it's all worthwhile. There is nothing better than the euphoria of a win to end the day with, and there were a lot of those this season just gone.

My advice? Go for it - you won't regret it! :albion2:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
weirdly she has just messaged me pretty much exactly that.

Apparently as long as we can afford the mortgage then 'it would be a lovely idea'

Do it! I drive down from Reading it's not that bad as long as you pick the time to travel. Early Saturday morning is best. I park at my mum's in Hove for Saturday games and sometimes getting to and from the ground from there, takes longer then the journey from Reading to Brighton. I park at Brighton station for night games. Once back at the car it takes about 1 hour 30 to get home from a night game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here