Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Well worth six minutes of your time.

Scared, yet?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
havent watched the video, but from article it looks like essentially what Google Glass was aiming at. and thats already sort of died (on life support) because of perceptions around privacy.

which is a shame as in a minimal form its a really very good idea, having a HUD showing information about the surroundings. can see many practical industrial uses too. it doesn't have to be a clash of dozens of infomatics, on all the time.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Google Glass will be back once they've created a less intrusive/obvious design.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That was, er, not sure, but fascinating.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Crazy.

I love was Google and MS are doing/have done with augmented reality. Got more legs than the virtual reality stuff from Oculus, HTC and the like. Which is very cool, but far more niche. Being able to actually see the real world around you and merge that with digital graphics is something which has so many exciting use cases.

With sensors getting smaller and more accurate, batteries and processors becoming faster and more power efficient, this sort of technology isn't actually as far away as it might seem.

Now if somebody could make a headset which doesn't look like Google's Glass or Microsoft's Hololens we'll be alright!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I think the PlayStation VR thing came out yesterday, a friend sent me a pic of his anyway, so I'm basing my info on that.

Does anyone on NSC have a PlayStation VR, HTC Vive or Oculus Rift, and if so - what are your thoughts on it?

I think I want a VR thing you see.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here