Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ROVERS new football comedy Sky 1 10pm Tonight

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Just a heads up of new football comedy The Rovers, starting tonight starring Craig Cash plus sue Johnstone both of sit com The Royal Family
It follows the fortunes of a struggling non league football club, the research for the comedy was mainly collected from spending a lot of time at Burgess Hill football club
Expect the humour to be in the same vein as The Royal Family, tv is crying out for a new decent comedy
Best ones of late IMO have both stared Peter Kay in Car Share & Cradle to the Grave

Last edited:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.png

People on here the other day were talking about renaming the North Stand maybe not after one of the ends at Rovers ground

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's already available on demand. Not bad but not as funny as I'd have hoped.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I love this sort of comedy. If you have not seen The Cafe or Early doors then get on it, both superb.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I've not seen it yet but have assumed, if it goes well, that it'll be a regular series for whenever Stella is off the air.

Just from the advert it looks fairly similar.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I love this sort of comedy. If you have not seen The Cafe or Early doors then get on it, both superb.

The Cafe was watchable....no that's a bit harsh it was an enjoyable watch. Early Doors on the other hand is in my opinion one of the finest sitcoms ever made.

To the regiment!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

Agree, funny in places but no belly laughs I was hoping for
The Meat raffle made me chuckle, a plate of wafer thin ham,a lump of minced meat & sausages wrapped in cling film
Also the aspirations of one day playing in the Evo stick premier playing against the might of Nantwich town & Blyth Spartens
But on the whole a bit Meh

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The Cafe was watchable....no that's a bit harsh it was an enjoyable watch. Early Doors on the other hand is in my opinion one of the finest sitcoms ever made.

To the regiment!

Crime won't crack itself.....

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Ill be honest, I've never found anything Craig Cash in particularly funny. And yes, that includes the Royale Family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here