Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby to Birmingham

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Apparently they've spoken!

I thought he was retiring and going into coaching.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
That would be a killer for us byt surely he is no longer fit enough.
Um...we let him go didn't we?

If he can get a contract elsewhere then fair play to him. Beyond signing for a certain Croydon based team there's very little he could do to cause any upset for us surely?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I could actually see Bobby being one of those guys that when the us vs whoever he signs for game comes along he will get a twinge and rule himself out of playing against us even if he is on a play to be paid deal

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
He'd probably have a peaky 'Blinder' if he played against us.

vvv.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I could actually see Bobby being one of those guys that when the us vs whoever he signs for game comes along he will get a twinge and rule himself out of playing against us even if he is on a play to be paid deal

When he played for West Ham against us at Withdean he scuffed one round the post. There are those who maintain he then turned around and winked at the South Stand... :wink:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Would be a massive shame as by the end of the season I felt like we had chatted with him and agreed to let him retire from the playing side early.

I hate the thought of him finishing his career elsewhere especially if they manage to get more games out of him

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Gutted if he goes there but Birmingham are a massive club and one last chance to get one of the divisions giants promoted may prove tempting.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I would be very disappointed if this happens not because I think Bobby could do a job for us next season but more the opposite. He has had a great career and "finished" back with the Albion because he wanted to, it was in his heart. His body is shagged and I believe for several of the games it was his love of coming back to Brighton that pushed him over the line. If he goes elsewhere then will he have that added drive, I really don't think he is after the money, his body can't hack it so will he just be doing a Kitson and taking the money.

Bobby I don't want you to fizzle out in that manner I want to remember you as a great and for that I hope you quit.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so for months its been speculated that he's all but officially retired due to knackered hip and/or knee. with his absence from the bench, even when others weren't performing, this was generally accepted.

now the speculation is he's signing for club, in the midlands at that.

???:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here