Santiago Zoo shoots dead 2 Lions

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Blimey.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That's ok then, shoot two innocent lions because of some waster. Absolutely wrong!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
the news report had the director saying, tranquilizers would have taken too long...its not instant....
Tragic waste of a beautiful animals life because of some selfish twunt.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why did they not shoot them with tranquilisers to knock them out?

Because, despite what you see in the movies, the effects of tranquilisers are not instantaneous. The intruder would have been dead before they lions were knocked out.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Apparently the tranquiliser dart meant for the lions hit the man, after which the lions attacked him forcing them to resort to live rounds.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's ok then, shoot two innocent lions because of some waster. Absolutely wrong!

Should have shot the bloke instead, disgusting.

the news report had the director saying, tranquilizers would have taken too long...its not instant....

NSC's traditional empathy and understanding of mental health issues, alive and well today :thumbsup:

The tragic waste of a beautiful animals life is locking them up in a Zoo.

At least they have been spared a lifetime of captivity.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
NSC's traditional empathy and understanding of mental health issues, alive and well today :thumbsup:

Sorry, but I believe that suicide is generally a selfish act. Always have. If your not considering the consequences of your suicide...ie family, the people who have to deal with your remains, the transport drivers who have no chance to stop etc, then I think its fairly selfish. I understand that there are people with mental health issues. Doesnt really change how I feel about the act really. Im most likely in a minority, but .. thats me ...and yes, ive had family and friends commit suicide in the past...and have seen the effects on their families and friends.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
and the irony will be that the bell end who went out looking to end his life will be kept alive and the two dumb animals who were just following their instincts are now deceased....nice one human div...!!

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
I read on another forum that even if the lions had finished off the guy they would still have had to be put down afterwards as they cant be kept with the knowledge that they have had human flesh. Don't know how accurate that is though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry, but I believe that suicide is generally a selfish act. Always have. If your not considering the consequences of your suicide...ie family, the people who have to deal with your remains, the transport drivers who have no chance to stop etc, then I think its fairly selfish. I understand that there are people with mental health issues. Doesnt really change how I feel about the act really. Im most likely in a minority, but .. thats me ...and yes, ive had family and friends commit suicide in the past...and have seen the effects on their families and friends.

It is a valid viewpoint - the claim that 'suicide is a selfish act', but I struggle to make a judgement on the thought processes of somebody desperate or troubled enough to choose such a path. In a situation such as this particular one, the man in question is clearly not capable of rational thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here