Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye Gordon Greer

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I’m not on social media as I’m quite a private person, so I don’t get to speak to the fans as much as some of the other lads. So this is a great opportunity for me to say 'thank you' to the supporters.

“Ever since I’ve been here the fans have been great and they have been behind us through the good times and the bad times. They’re the heartbeat of the club."

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/gordon-greers-gratitude-for-special-club-3121122.aspx

Thank-you for everything Gordon :clap2:

A class act from start to finish, one of my favourite players to wear the stripes.

Greer celebration.png

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
A special thank you abd dedicated thread is well deserved. Thanks Gordon, you've been magnificent for 6 seasons. Club captain in arguably one of the most successful Albion periods!

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
There can't be many other current internationals that we have released in our history. Gordon has consistently got the job done even at the highest level (against Germany for example) and i suspect he has been massively under rated for most of his career. Great leader, Thanks Gordon.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surprised that we didn't offer another year's contract - but whatever, good luck GG. If you can get another couple of years playing somewhere, that'll be great for you. As far as playing football is concerned, you're a long time retired.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
There can't be many other current internationals that we have released in our history. Gordon has consistently got the job done even at the highest level (against Germany for example) and i suspect he has been massively under rated for most of his career. Great leader, Thanks Gordon.

It is a real shame he hasn't had the appreciation he deserves.

I've got a theory though that it has been down to the fact he's been unlucky in the sense that he's always had a more popular centre half or better alongside him. In chronological order (and ignoring those who he never forged a long-term partnership with e.g. Aaron Hughes):

Adam El-Abd - Long-serving hard man and eventual player of the season

Lewis Dunk - The golden boy of the Albion academy

Matthew Upson - One of the club's greatest ever defenders (not to mention another POTS winner)

Lewis Dunk (again) - This time in full goal machine mode

Until he eventually lost his place to Connor Goldson, another young emerging talent. It could also be said that given the fairly consistently high quality of the Albion sides that he played in, other excellent players meant that the limelight rarely shone on GG.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills

Aaron Hughes?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Was surprised to see him let go but he will get snapped up quickly, and may even get a better pay packet.

I wasn't suprsied at all. I will be very suprised if he earns more money. Can see him going back up to Scotland though

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I wasn't suprsied at all. I will be very suprised if he earns more money. Can see him going back up to Scotland though

I wouldn't know how much he is on but I doubt that we showered him with cash. He played a massive part in our unbeaten run so I am happy to give him credit for what he has done. We'll see where he ends up though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Think the big man would be a great signing for Rangers - hope he ends up there.

My feelings precisely, and I said exactly this on another thread about the great man.

A great leader, and massively under rated as a centre back in my opinion.

He could do an awful lot worse than return to his native Scotland, and I too can see him as anchor man in the Rangers defence for their first season back in the top flight next year.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
We released one last summer; the great Curacaoan international that is Kemy Agustien.

:lol:

Has he played club football since he left us? I was under the impression he'd been snapped up by some team in Scotland

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
:lol:

Has he played club football since he left us? I was under the impression he'd been snapped up by some team in Scotland

He joined a Danish 1st division club in September, but he "was struck by injuries and didn't get his contract extended when it expired on 1 January 2016". Then he signed for Hamilton Accies in March but in May "it was announced that he would leave Hamilton at the end of the 2015–16 season". He just can't catch a break, ol' Kemy.

[URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemy_Agustien']Kemy Agustien's Wikipedia page[/URL]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here