Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brtain's Got Talent crossbow stunt goes wrong!...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Did anyone else see this tonight? I don't think the media realised just how dangerously wrong this went.

Russian roulette, 5 crossbows, Alesha Dixon has to fire 4 off them at stuntman Ben Blaque. The media pick up on the fact she accidentally fires 2 shots at the same time. The guy says she has only 2 shots left, she fires her next shot safe.

What happens next is what everyone seems to have missed. She then accidentally fires the remaining two bolts with her final shot, including the supposed "fatal" fifth shot. One goes into the pad by his shin, the other sails just wide of his chest. The way the guy reacted showed he was pretty shaken up as the stunt was out of control.

Simon Cowell's show - quite literally - dodged a bullet there. Total stunt failure, the guy's lucky not to be badly injured.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That article doesn't make the point she fired all 5 arrows with only three shots.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Is there not a possibility that this was done on purpose?

I'm certain that health and safety wouldn't allow the 'wrong' arrows to hit him. Load of tosh anyway this year. Like other years were much better.

el punal

Did anyone else see this tonight? I don't think the media realised just how dangerously wrong this went.

Russian roulette, 5 crossbows, Alesha Dixon has to fire 4 off them at stuntman Ben Blaque. The media pick up on the fact she accidentally fires 2 shots at the same time. The guy says she has only 2 shots left, she fires her next shot safe.

What happens next is what everyone seems to have missed. She then accidentally fires the remaining two bolts with her final shot, including the supposed "fatal" fifth shot. One goes into the pad by his shin, the other sails just wide of his chest. The way the guy reacted showed he was pretty shaken up as the stunt was out of control.

Simon Cowell's show - quite literally - dodged a bullet there. Total stunt failure, the guy's lucky not to be badly injured.

Is Simon Cowell a total stunt or just a complete one?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

When she fired the last two by accident, one of the arrows bounced off his stomach. Did you notice that bit?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When she fired the last two by accident, one of the arrows bounced off his stomach. Did you notice that bit?

It actually impacted on the board, one foot to the right of his stomach, then bounced back off it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Britain's got no talent

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Every year something like this happens in these type of shows to conveniently get lots of people talking about it and stories in the papers, are people really that gullible nowadays?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Mrs B and I didn't really 'get' the stunt. Five arrows; four pads, but as if the fifth one was ACTUALLY going to be aimed straight at his body? Yeah it went wrong, but I don't think there was any chance of him injuring himself.

It's a 'no' from me, etc, etc.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
None of the arrows were aimed towards his body, she could have fired all 5 at the same time and he was never going to be in danger.

Totally pointless act with no risk associated too it, hardly a 'roulette' of danger.

If at the end he had fired the one remaining arrow and it fired into where his body was positioned then maybe it would have bought more excitement to the act.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not that I watch this shite but I'm sure it would have been made infinitely more entertaining if she was firing the crossbow at Simon Cowell's face.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The biggest insult to the people who buy into this crap was when Ant and Dec were asking him about it afterwards and the bloke had a knowing grin playing on his face as if to say 'You know this is all pantomime crap and so do I'

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I hadn't noticed that but did wonder why at the end he didn't fire the 5th and show that it was going to hit him - now I know why. To be fair I wasn't watching much as was building wardrobes and just had crap on in the background

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here