Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Father's Rights/Children

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can understand why she won't let you near them.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As long as you are not violent, a drug addict or have mental issues (all proved not hearsay) she can not stop you legally. Get the situation sorted by ringing up the Court Welfare Offices in your area. If it is to do with non contact then you should get to see one very quickly. Your ex will be invited to go and the CWO will work out times with you both. If she is stubborn (and CWO's really do want the father involved) then you will probably find that the CWO will then recommend access times.
The paperwork is sent to court where the judge will rubber stamp the times.
Judges do not overturn the access times that the CWO has put forward.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The court see it as children's right to see their father. As above see the Court Welfare Officer. I think it is tragic when parents use children as a weapon against each other.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She won't let you see your kids and you don't know what to do?

Discuss.
If this has happened to you, I'm really sorry to hear it, it must be awful.

For me - if she was enough of a cow to try and stop her children seeing their (if I may say) fantastic father, then I wouldn't trust her. I'd consider recording meetings between us etc, as it could be just a matter of time before she makes up stories of violence to help her stop the kids seeing their dad. I'd record everything. I'd have a diary where I accurately write everything down, including the time someone on NSC told me to start writing everything down.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

For me - if she was enough of a cow to try and stop her children seeing their (if I may say) fantastic father, then I wouldn't trust her. I'd consider recording meetings between us etc, as it could be just a matter of time before she makes up stories of violence to help her stop the kids seeing their dad. I'd record everything. I'd have a diary where I accurately write everything down, including the time someone on NSC told me to start writing everything down.

Good advice. The reason i stated that violence, drugs, mental health with PROOF...... ie, police records, doctors reports etc.
My post was how it unfolded for me. To many Dads think that because the mother says no that is it.....far from it.
Having seen the crass remark after perhaps it would have been best to PM Maldini.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It's a good idea to record conversations discretely using a smart phone.

It's only a small step from a disagreement to a fabricated accusation of domestic violence - which can then mean automatic arrest and a night in the cells before any questions are even asked. And then the weeks of bail conditions while the police 'investigate'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here