Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cash in quick. Sell your House.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Blimey, I cannot afford to do even that.
Bought my 1 bed house for £62000 in 1998, now market value is £325000.
If I wanted to move up to a 2 bed, I would have to get a bigger mortgage than before, it makes no sense.
Sell it.
Vote leave.
Buy a 2 bed.
Party.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
18% ? Not for example between 15-25% but dead on 18%? Osborne must have the power to look into the future.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nowhere did he say house prices would drop at all. He said they would rise by 10 to 18% less. Massive difference.
Ok, but that's still good news isn't it? We don't want prices going up, it's unfair on the next generation.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Sold my house for full asking price second day on the market.
Took it off week later decided it's not the right time for us to move!

So, you didn't SELL your house - that's poor use of ENGLISH.
What we have come to learn is you accepted an offer, in good faith, for the full asking price of your house.

Which you then renegraded on .....

I do believe that a verbally accepted offer for a house purchase in SCOTLAND is legally binding - lucky you don't live North of the border. Apparently, it's to stop TIME WASTERS in the property market!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I think there is a competition going to see who can come up with the 'scariest scenario' the Leavers or the Remainers. Currently think the Remainers are winning...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I`m just buying House ..... Should I pull out ??? Agreed price but got no further.

Personally I'd buy. If we remain or leave, the BofE arent likely to put rates up (and you can get 5+ years fixed now anyway) in the near future so that means that pirces are going to stay level or go up no matter what anyone from whatever side says. Again its that suppy and demand.

Plus most mortgages are cheaper than renting (if you are renting) so even if it did go into minus equity as mine did after I bought it early 2008, I wasn't bothered as I wasn't going to sell my house - i'm still in it and its worth about 30% more than what I bought it for now which is nuts as its meaningless to me. Historically house prices rise 100% every 10-15 years so even if we have a dip, they are likely to rise again purely based on our entire past history of the housing market. So a house is a home - not an investment so if you are buying it for a home, who cares if it goes down for a bit, it'll go back up in time no matter what anyone else says.

(Even based on the fact that the value of money is falling because it is being printed in even increasing quantities, that makes £10,000 now 'worth' only £7,500 in 10 years from now - or it was 'worth' £13,500 10 years ago - vs todays value. http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...tion-calculator-value-money-changed-1900.html)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here