Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cash in quick. Sell your House.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'd be delighted if the value of my house fell by 18%

It's our home, not just an asset.

I'm not planning on moving and it would give my 22 year old son a better chance of buying his own propertŷ.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Firstly there is no rational reason why house prices would fall, it's just more scaremongering.

And secondly if they did ire would benefit than lose.

But basic supply and demand means house prices in the south east will continue to rise for a long long time.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just put our,s on the market and hope to sell by June 23rd just can't afford to lose 18% of it's value !!:wozza:

Or you could be one to hold whilst others sell and when the demand outstrips supply get the price you really want...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just put our,s on the market and hope to sell by June 23rd just can't afford to lose 18% of it's value !!:wozza:

But you are willing to pay thousands in Estate Agents fees for selling it and legal costs ? Then pay a fortune in rents ? OR again thousands in Legal fees and stamp duties purchasing a new place ?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

How the remain campaign have managed to make this a non campaign,they think its the economy stupid and many will be influenced by this. But during this whole build up I have heard nothing on the loss of authority, the watering down of our governments power and the increasing influence and directional leading that the Germans are playing. Although not as dramatic and being played out in a very slow but carefully choreographed manner, Camerons message is similar to Chamberlains 'peace in our time'. Just can't believe what I am seeing being played out infront of me.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
How the remain campaign have managed to make this a non campaign,they think its the economy stupid and many will be influenced by this. But during this whole build up I have heard nothing on the loss of authority, the watering down of our governments power and the increasing influence and directional leading that the Germans are playing. Although not as dramatic and being played out in a very slow but carefully choreographed manner, Camerons message is similar to Chamberlains 'peace in our time'. Just can't believe what I am seeing being played out infront of me.

You have forgot The Black Death !!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Blimey, I cannot afford to do even that.
Bought my 1 bed house for £62000 in 1998, now market value is £325000.
If I wanted to move up to a 2 bed, I would have to get a bigger mortgage than before, it makes no sense.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Blimey, I cannot afford to do even that.
Bought my 1 bed house for £62000 in 1998, now market value is £325000.
If I wanted to move up to a 2 bed, I would have to get a bigger mortgage than before, it makes no sense.

Vote leave then and sell quickly :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Simple supply and demand, stay in house prices up, leave probably flat for a while...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Funny thing is some campaigner actually said on sky news Friday that a 10-18% drop was more likely which I found a bit weird as the serious shortage of housing means prices can only go one way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here