Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team spirit next season

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
One of the most heartening things this year was to watch the team spirit of our Brightin side. As well as Leicester in the premiership. That comes from avoiding Prima donna's and having unselfish people inside and around the team.

I wasn't surprised and couldn't disagree with the contract decisions but should we worry about losing Calde, Bobby, Gordon and Crofty. Whilst they have become more peripheral to the team, I wonder how important their influence was on the squad.

That may be hard to replace

I guess I'm just so gutted that Calde has gone!....

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Excellent team spirit this season and I agree that those leaving will have had a positive effect on the dressing room. I am hoping we can recover that next season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
One of the most heartening things this year was to watch the team spirit of our Brightin side. As well as Leicester in the premiership. That comes from avoiding Prima donna's and having unselfish people inside and around the team.

I wasn't surprised and couldn't disagree with the contract decisions but should we worry about losing Calde, Bobby, Gordon and Crofty. Whilst they have become more peripheral to the team, I wonder how important their influence was on the squad.

That may be hard to replace

I guess I'm just so gutted that Calde has gone!....

My feeling is that CH not only knows what kind of players he wants, but also what type of personalities he wants.
I don't expect we will be pursuing players that don't fit with the team ethos.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My feeling is that CH not only knows what kind of players he wants, but also what type of personalities he wants.

Elvis Manu? Bad apple there

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The one thing that struck me is it appeared that they were all, to a man, together. I have not heard about any grumbling from anyone. It is a blow to lose Calde, but I don't think it will have too much effect. Stockdale seemed to be the one on the pitch that would bring them all together in moments of crisis (Boro being the best example after the sending off) and don't forget the entire teams reaction to the dodgy penalty at MK Dons. Any problem may come from those coming into the side, but that would be a key part of any recruitment I would think.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I really thought that Calde may stay as a coach as a link to the past. Maybe just me being unrealistic about the facts of life of the professional game.

el punal

Excellent team spirit this season and I agree that those leaving will have had a positive effect on the dressing room. I am hoping we can recover that next season.

Why say recover? We haven't lost it. Yes, I'm sorry to see Bobby, Calde, and the others go and they definitely influenced the team in a positive and inspirational way. But their mantle has been taken over by the likes of Stockdale, Kayal, Bruno and Rosenior, and more. You'll only have to look at the current players reaction before and after recent games to gauge their determination and togetherness. We will be back next season bigger and stronger.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I agree he appears to know what he wants and I see no reason why the team spirit should fade. I am sure he wont let it. I get stick for giving my opinion on the big mistake made not only by him but all concerned with the club but at the end of the day he is a very experienced knowledgeable manager who knows what he wants and needs to progress and I wouldn't change him for any other manager.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would have thought that the senor players, Stockdale, Rosenior, Bruno, etc would clampdown on any rogue player. Also I believe that CH and the backroom staff do not just just judge a player on their on the pitch performances.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just read some article in the Sun ( yes I know) advising who they think the PL teams should sign and it appears we would lose Kayal,Stephens,Dunk and Knock. They can feck off with these predictions

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I see Stockers camped on the pitch last night. Another great example of togetherness. Good man.

[tweet]734120189286092801[/tweet]

It looks like he's staked out the 6 yard box.

Nothing new there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I see Stockers camped on the pitch last night. Another great example of togetherness. Good man.

[tweet]734120189286092801[/tweet]

Did anyone warn him the HB&B was camped close by?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He got shipped out on loan pretty smartish though. I would imagine he is in no doubt now as to what is expected from him if he wants to stay.

Actually, it is not really a bad attitude from the lad. It's just that his abilities are not what we expected. You have to remember, when we brought him in was close to the deadline and he wasn't really the player we had been after for most of that transfer window.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would have thought that the senor players, Stockdale, Rosenior, Bruno, etc would clampdown on any rogue player. Also I believe that CH and the backroom staff do not just just judge a player on their on the pitch performances.

You can't always judge because it is usually the Agents who do the negotiating, so the Manager doesn't often get to interview them; however, that's the importance of having an experienced scouting network. Often the scouts will know people at clubs or the manager themselves might even do. If they do then they ask what their attitudes might be like but in some instances that is not possible if you have no real connections at the club you are buying from.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This thread raises very valid points and well having worried a bit and given it some thought i think if the right players come in,good ones,then the players will rub off on each other and a new team spirit will be formed,especially if it involves all players wanting the ball and wanting to score and wanting to keep clean sheets and play well.

In fact if they gel of the field and want to try for each other it's all one can ask....

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Why say recover? We haven't lost it. Yes, I'm sorry to see Bobby, Calde, and the others go and they definitely influenced the team in a positive and inspirational way. But their mantle has been taken over by the likes of Stockdale, Kayal, Bruno and Rosenior, and more. You'll only have to look at the current players reaction before and after recent games to gauge their determination and togetherness. We will be back next season bigger and stronger.

Different players may mean different dynamics in the team. I have enough experience managing work teams to know that certain people can make life better or worse. Not everyone fits into that team environment immediately and working together takes time and effort. That is evident by what happens when certain people are absent, for whatever reason, and the atmosphere changes. I hope you are right that we will be back bigger and stronger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here