Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers captain reports attack by Hibs fans to ref. Ref calls him a grass.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A grass? There's something profoundly wrong with Scottish football.

13239337_1047546401987273_3256793956117073488_n.jpg

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Whether or not this actual incident is genuine, I did take look at the pitch invasion, fighting on the pitch and 'happy' destruction of the goal posts etc - so reminded me of scotland fans destroying Wembley in the 1970s. Quite incredible!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Saw the scenes on TV - completely unacceptable. There must surely be a ban on Hibernian competing in the cup, and in Europe, next season - Hibs fans will know who the louts are that caused the problems, and their names will be mud in their local communities, even if the police and the courts never catch up with them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They are going to have to start sorting this out as pitch invasions have now started to involve assaults on players rather than just dancing around the pitch.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Talking of fake , but made me laugh.

image.jpeg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They are going to have to start sorting this out as pitch invasions have now started to involve assaults on players rather than just dancing around the pitch.

This has always puzzled me, in a normal league game if there was a pitch invasion the FA would clamp down hard, but for a play-off or a cup game they just accept it and do nothing, why is there this inconsistency. Commentators have been saying for ages that a player could get injured even if the invasion is just a celebration

While no one wants to see fencing returning to grounds there needs to a clear message that the FA or in this case the SFA will take appropriate action whenever a pitch invasion occurs. The punishment should range from fines up to closed grounds for future games, no home ties allowed in cup games, or banishment from future competitions.

This should then ensure that clubs have a suitable number of stewards placed around the pitch to stop or more probably slow down.an invasion but at least 'fans' will know that in addition to criminal proceedings being brought against fans on the pitch their club is likely to suffer also.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just been emailed by someone saying it's a fake.

Perhaps, but there is an image in circulation in mainstream media showing him being attacked.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think that if we'd scored late at Boro then it could have got very nasty. There was no way the stewards would have been able to stop about 10k 'fans' getting on the pitch and our players would have been in real danger. As for us getting away from the ground - it would have been like a remake of The Warriors.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I want independence.
Yep, Hull, and Middlesbrough ahouls get a points deduction and Hibs should be out of Europe. Hassling the players is, as supernanny would say, unsuceptable

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I think that if we'd scored late at Boro then it could have got very nasty. There was no way the stewards would have been able to stop about 10k 'fans' getting on the pitch and our players would have been in real danger. As for us getting away from the ground - it would have been like a remake of The Warriors.
I really liked the film. I must try and watch the film in the near future.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Saw the scenes on TV - completely unacceptable. There must surely be a ban on Hibernian competing in the cup, and in Europe, next season - Hibs fans will know who the louts are that caused the problems, and their names will be mud in their local communities, even if the police and the courts never catch up with them.
There is no excuse for invading the pitch, and even less so for a minority if them heading to goad the Rangers support. But it's worth pointing out that some Rangers fans then ran on the pitch and in two incidents around ten of them attacked single Hibs fans who were actually not doing any goading. It's all on YouTube.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There is no excuse for invading the pitch, and even less so for a minority if them heading to goad the Rangers support. But it's worth pointing out that some Rangers fans then ran on the pitch and in two incidents around ten of them attacked single Hibs fans who were actually not doing any goading. It's all on YouTube.

OK, But that's another issue. Makes no difference to my thoughts about what should happen to Hibs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here