Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely no Brighton fans are still saying "Don't care"?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
After a heartbreaking week I must admit yesterday cheered me up no end. The cricket was great, and then turning over to see all those glum Palace faces - well you'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh. And the fact that the winner was scored by Albion legend (well he is now) Jesse Lingard made it even better. If Eric Cantona could have put in a guest appearance during the celebrations it would have made the day complete.

I still cannot believe (and I guess they were just lying to themselves) that there were Brighton fans who said they "didn't care" if Palace won the Cup or not. Really? You'd rather have seen all those ugly miserable mugs contorted with joy? A joy they would NEVER let us forget? I think not.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Of course I cared. Living in Orpington I know and see a lot of Palace fans, and that is as it should be. Facebook was red and blue all morning and beautifully quiet in the evening. My attitude to the final was "pretend it's not happening". Unfortunately with a United supporting boy in the house could not entirely escape but I had the pleasure of hearing three huge expressions of joy, each of which gladdened my heart.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I find it very helpful to have a reminder of which club I dislike more every 26 years. It was Palace in 1990, and was still Palace yesterday. All remains well.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Before it kicked off I genuinely had no interest and I didn't watch it but when I read Lingard scored the winner and saw the images of those whey-faced poltroons in shoplifted outfits, it brought a large smile to my face.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
The ones I met at Victoria station were giving it large on how they were going to win 3-1 or more. Made my day when Lingard scored and I'd already had a very good day.:thumbsup:

After a heartbreaking week I must admit yesterday cheered me up no end. The cricket was great, and then turning over to see all those glum Palace faces - well you'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh. And the fact that the winner was scored by Albion legend (well he is now) Jesse Lingard made it even better. If Eric Cantona could have put in a guest appearance during the celebrations it would have made the day complete.

I still cannot believe (and I guess they were just lying to themselves) that there were Brighton fans who said they "didn't care" if Palace won the Cup or not. Really? You'd rather have seen all those ugly miserable mugs contorted with joy? A joy they would NEVER let us forget? I think not.

Indeed, This, that and the other !! 100%

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Another 10 minutes .......
Oh we'll, such is life.
Good day out, plenty of beer, and some complementary weed songs to boot.
We move on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Another 10 minutes .......
Oh we'll, such is life.
Good day out, plenty of beer, and some complementary weed songs to boot.
We move on.

Do you want us to inform you every time a nasty song about CPFC2010 is sung at a game? That was really a highlight was it? :lol: How very odd...

I'll teach you the '2 X admin cheats' one I heard the other day if you like? One of the lines is 'everything you do is tainted' which essentially suggests your whole history is ****ed :thumbsup:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Do you want us to inform you every time a nasty song about CPFC2010 is sung at a game? That was really a highlight was it? :lol: How very odd...

I'll teach you the '2 X admin cheats' one I heard the other day if you like? One of the lines is 'everything you do is tainted' which essentially suggests your whole history is ****ed :thumbsup:

I haven't heard that one to be honest.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We aim to please.
It's only fair to repay you for the fun you gave us earlier in the week

You have not just repaid we are in serious credit with you. Particular thanks to your manager who has made your club a laughing stock in front of millions. The internet is brimming with people mocking that dance.

Rounded off a great week for you when 1 win in 2016 pardew also got a shiny new contract. No wonder he is dancing

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I actually had been worrying that my intense feelings about Palace had weakened in recent years to indifference and a grudging respect for their survival at the top level. I would never have expected the huge emotional rewards I experienced yesterday. The miserable faces (with face paint colours that look like a skin disease), the Pardew dance and the tinpot beamback were icing on the cake. Normal service is resumed and I may have to re-assess my views on the existence of god.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love it when I hear Palace have lost but I haven't seen them play since the playoff semi final and I would struggle to name more than 3 players in their current team. So I guess I don't care too much but I have a chuckle when they lose and spit when I drive past their stadium, which I do quite often. Is that caring enough????

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I was struggling and yesterday has cheered me up enormously. To lose to 10 men after you have actually said that they fade and are there for the taking at the end of games, and after that dance...... That's why he will never be a top manager, don't give the other side the team talk that the United manager hasn't been able to do - can't imaging Hughton ever saying before a game what he thinks the other sides weakness may be.

Anyway thanks to the cricket and the cup final I am looking forward to the new season in August now.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
A lot of friends of mine are Palace fans and my local pub is decked in Red and Blue, I couldn't in yesterday, however I am quite looking forward to my next visit!

What a poor brand of football they play and what a classless manager they have.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I'm afraid I can't let my Palace rivalry take precedence over my dislike for the moneyed giants of the Prem. I always want the big boys to lose even if it would have been Palace. Even though I dipped in and out of the game on TV I have to say I was disappointed with the final outcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here