Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stirlingshire.FC.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Lost their league status this week after many seasons of escaping relegation,the grim reaper finally claims them. Even seen a game at Fir,s Park. _38722515_firspark300.jpg

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
No but saw the stadium once in a visit nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Was going to happen eventually, especially after the Scottish League actually got round to introducing relegation from the bottom division.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shame, but you have to wonder how sustainable professional football is in the lower leagues of Scottish football - attendances in the hundreds (and sometimes not many of those!) rather than thousands, and nothing like the TV money that English clubs get. Even 15 years ago, East Stirling were apparently only paying their players £10 a week (and the manager worked for nothing).

You have to wonder how long it will be before the next one goes to the wall, in the footsteps of Third Lanark, Airdrieonians, Gretna, and now East Stirling.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Shame, but you have to wonder how sustainable professional football is in the lower leagues of Scottish football - attendances in the hundreds (and sometimes not many of those!) rather than thousands, and nothing like the TV money that English clubs get. Even 15 years ago, East Stirling were apparently only paying their players £10 a week (and the manager worked for nothing).

You have to wonder how long it will be before the next one goes to the wall, in the footsteps of Third Lanark, Airdrieonians, Gretna, and now East Stirling.

They haven't gone to the wall, they have been relegated.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Most fans have their Scotch club to see their results East Stirling has been mine since Meadowbank disappeared,no reason for it at all, they have been hopeless for nearly every season I have followed them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Most fans have their Scotch club to see their results East Stirling has been mine since Meadowbank disappeared,no reason for it at all, they have been hopeless for nearly every season I have followed them.

Meadowbank Thistle (formerly Ferranti Thistle) didn't disappear - they changed their name and location (did a franchise move, aka MK Dons) and became Livingstone.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Oh, like us nearly in 1997, then?

I don't think it's comparable to be honest.

They are a tiny, local, community club with very few followers, and they will remain as such. They have no potential to be any bigger. And being in Scottish League Three is already pretty much being very non-league.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Meadowbank Thistle (formerly Ferranti Thistle) didn't disappear - they changed their name and location (did a franchise move, aka MK Dons) and became Livingstone.

Ahh. Obviously didn't follow them that closely then, glad all over that I didn't as I don't like franchises very much.
I did wonder where Livingstone came from (is their nickname 'The Kens')

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
As long as it's not the Seagulls

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Think you'll find most Scottish lower league teams are part time, not pro.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Stirling Albion will pick up a few more fans - unless they hate each other?

At least East Stirlingshire might win a few matches now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here