Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good hotel in New York required.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Hi good people of NSC, i am taking my son to NY this winter to watch the Jets play, can you please recommend a decent Hotel, easy access to the city and if possible the Metlife stadium.
Many thanks.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The New Yorker - 34th Street and 8th Avenue

Right opposite MSG and walking distance from Penn Station.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I stayed in the excelsior last december it was a great hotel 82nd west side of the central park next to the natural history museum right next to a subway 5 mins and your in the heart of nyc and away from the hustle and bustle.worth a look

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Four Seasons, East 57th Street. Brilliant hotel, brilliant Manhattan location, 30 min cab ride from the MetLife.

nickrhodes

May 1, 2015
This is not nick Rhodes but Nick's friend here. I know a few people that have stayed at the Carlyle it Is on the upper east side which is I understand the best part. If you book in advance you can usually get a nice double for around £450 a night. Never stay outside Manhattan can get a bit scary at night and don't stay anywhere near Penn station as can be very loud and rough. Also best to avoid anywhere around time square very tacky area. Upper east side or upper west side is where all the classy people stay apparently.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
This is not nick Rhodes but Nick's friend here. I know a few people that have stayed at the Carlyle it Is on the upper east side which is I understand the best part. If you book in advance you can usually get a nice double for around £450 a night. Never stay outside Manhattan can get a bit scary at night and don't stay anywhere near Penn station as can be very loud and rough. Also best to avoid anywhere around time square very tacky area. Upper east side or upper west side is where all the classy people stay apparently.

Nicks got a friend ???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've never stayed time square before, but did this time as we got offered a great deal on The Knickerbocker there. Is a brand new refurb of what was a Hilton. Great finish and was excellent value for money for what it was and location for ease of getting around.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Depends what your budget is but On The Ave in the upper west side is good if a pricey hotel. You can walk everywhere from there.
Otherwise, Brooklyn is now a great area to stay and go out in if Manhatten itself if too expensive.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I stayed in the Pod hotel recently for work. As the name suggests the rooms are small but are well designed, spotlessly clean and good value for money for central Manhattan. They also have a decent bar and restaurant in the hotel.

http://www.thepodhotel.com/

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

Really??? Parts of Brooklyn and Williamsburg are well worth staying in and exploring.

I stayed on Amsterdam Avenue near the north of Central Park in September, not the most thrilling area but 10 mins into Times Square and pretty cheap. I'm also going to a jets game - first of the season v Bengals in September

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I know a few people that have stayed at the Carlyle it Is on the upper east side which is I understand the best part. Upper east side or upper west side is where all the classy people stay apparently.

It certainly is

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Location and value wise this place is pretty good (well, 18 months ago certainly was): Hyatt Place New York Midtown South, 52 West 36th Street.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Nah - I'm a midtown east kinda guy. Have a look at Sutton or Beekman......

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Bentley on 59th & York for me. I used to live on 54th & 1st and there are loads of decent restaurants and bars round there. 10 minute walk to Central Park.

I wouldn't stay anywhere close Times Sq. There are also some decent hotels on or around the 40s and 50s near Lexington.

I spud the stay near Penn/MSG personally but to say the area is noisy and rough is sweeping nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Affinia Manhattan.... stayed 3 times... on 7th just along from Madison SG. ... good all-rounder. .. great position. .. and far enough away from Times Square.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here