Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Icke - Hatstand or Clever ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Business savvy. I have had numerous requests for his books over the years.

not entirely sure thats a ringing endorsement of your country as a whole.
the requests wernt all from a mutually known gent were they? :)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Very clever and dangerously charismatic in a Jim Jones/David Koresh way. But he's also deeply anti-semitic, he's a firm believer in the Jewish banking conspiracy.

I don't much like him.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
not entirely sure thats a ringing endorsement of your country as a whole.
the requests wernt all from a mutually known gent were they? :)

No, not at all! My favourite one came from a tour guide who had obviously been told all about Mr Icke by a tourist, so he came in and asked for his books. I know him reasonably well, so explained what Mr Icke was all about. His response was "Really? I don't want to read that crap!".

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Appeared on the politics programme This Week (thursday) …near the end

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07ch8hb/this-week-19052016

and managed to squeeze in 9/11 conspiracy along with Royal Family reptilians whilst pushing his new book and upcoming world tour.

He is raking in the money…..perhaps the self proclaimed son of god is simply more business savvy than conspiracy believer

Hang on a minute. Icke didn't squeeze in the reptile royal family thing, he was asked directly about it by a mocking Andrew Neil.

Icke did indeed first mention his new book in the point that it was a 1000 pages in response to the "intellectually lazy" remark from Portillo. Subsequent mention of his new book and world tour was in response to being asked directly what he's up to by Andrew Neil. All pretty standard publicity opportunity line given at the end of interviews.

I'm not defending Icke or his views, but you've clearly represented him with your own agenda here. But not untypical of course.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think you just described Donald Trump

But I was under the impression that Trump isn't business savvy. Hasn't he made a loss on his vast inherited wealth rather than turn a profit, despite being an active 'businessman' rather than a philanthropist?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Trump / Icke; nutters, the pair of them.
I'd put them in the same camp as Jade Goody - loves being in the media but especially so if it's controversial - I don't class that as "clever"

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
No reason to think he's not a clever chap who also happens to be (or appear) utterly mental. I see him in the same light as Hubbard, spouting random crap to gullible people to make money.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He's made a profit, but no more than if he'd stuck his inheritance in shares and left it.

That's the one, thanks, I remember reading that now.

I stand corrected then... sort of :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a clever hatstand. he fills out Wembley areana with people buying into his fantasies.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Total charlatan. According to one of his early predictions, New Zealand was due to be buried by waves sometime in the late 1990s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here