Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What song brings tears to your eyes?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Not much of a blubberer but there are a few songs that make me cry.
Top of my tear list, for music and lyrics is "purple rain"

Anyone wanna add one?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
three times a lady
gets me every time

see I'm not cynical at all

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
After Monday...

Ashes
GOSBTS
We all follow Brighton & Hove Albion

:moo:

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I have a couple actually, both for the same reason.

Run by Snow Patrol and Your Song by Elton John.

When our twins were born and in intensive care in Portsmouth, I had to drive there and back to Worthing, sometimes twice a day and towards the end, when our dear little Pip was slipping away, these two songs came on the radio as I was coming through Arundel one dark December evening. Every time I hear these songs, I either have to turn the radio off or leave the room.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
High hopes by Shed Seven would do but I've stopped myself from listening to it.

Thankfully it's so obscure a track I'm unlikely to encounter it unless I play it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
One of the saddest songs ever written, is Puff the Magic Dragon. I'm not over emotional, very rarely cried as an adult, but, if i was going to cry over any song , that would be it, probably the loss of childhood,innocence, i just find it very sad, for some reason.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I have a couple actually, both for the same reason.

Run by Snow Patrol and Your Song by Elton John.

When our twins were born and in intensive care in Portsmouth, I had to drive there and back to Worthing, sometimes twice a day and towards the end, when our dear little Pip was slipping away, these two songs came on the radio as I was coming through Arundel one dark December evening. Every time I hear these songs, I either have to turn the radio off or leave the room.

Very sad and it's the song that's attached to the occasion. I have a similar (although with a happier ending). This song was a favourite of one of my lads who became seriously ill at 13 and this just went over & over in my head as we went from Brighton . to Great Ormond Street by ambulance. Toni Braxton, Unbreak my Heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Rch6WvPJE

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's not one I'm likely to hear very often but there's a kid's song called Little Red Caboose that gets me. It was my favourite song when I was little and I pestered my dad to sing it to me when I was going to sleep. Occasionally it comes on the radio and it reminds of the time I spent with him when I was young and that he never got the chance to sing it to his grandkids

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When our twins were born and in intensive care in Portsmouth, I had to drive there and back to Worthing, sometimes twice a day and towards the end, when our dear little Pip was slipping away, these two songs came on the radio as I was coming through Arundel one dark December evening.
Did one of your twins survive?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here