Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst typo / spelling mistake you've ever made or seen?

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
Today I was lucky enough to have a whatsapp chat with a lady I've been hoping to meet.

She likes dogs.

I meant to reply that there's never been a dog I don't like.

In my rush to respond I accidentally put a w rather than a d in dog.

She's blocked me. Understandably I suppose.

Do any other NSCers have stories of unfortunate, rushed typing that has had disappointing consequences?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'Asthma is characterised by coughing and whizzing'.

Undergraduate exam essay. Class!

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Today I was lucky enough to have a whatsapp chat with a lady I've been hoping to meet.

She likes dogs.

I meant to reply that there's never been a dog I don't like.

In my rush to respond I accidentally put a w rather than a d in dog.

She's blocked me. Understandably I suppose.

Do any other NSCers have stories of unfortunate, rushed typing that has had disappointing consequences?

I once suggested in an email to a client that we might be able to offer them a discoc*nt.

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
One of my staff had to write a guard report , freehand of course .... now this guy is a university graduate and in the report he had to write the word neighbour , now i could get it if he wrote neighbor (american way) ..... but he actually spelt it neybor

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
As you can see I am an expat living in Bristol. You may get from the odd overly done by actor accent that some people in these parts have a, shall we say, somewhat agricultural accent. Diminishing but still there. Apart from the rounded vowels, there is a tendency to use singular rather than plural.

You might also recall the quaint machines called dictaphones. I am told nether regions of the NHS still use them. They were common in the dark ages of 1980s and 1990s.

I worked for a company called Bakers Dolphin (don't even try it's too difficult) based in Weston super Mud and one day our MD received a lovely letter of praise from a satisfied local business man who ended the letter (as written presumably by his secretary):

"I have tawld all my friends they should use Baker Dawlfin."

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A member of my family who is involved with a fundraising group once sent out a document to various people and groups (including the Lord Lieutenant and High Sheriff) with a list of the dates and events at which the group would be present.

Said document should have been entitled 'List Of Public Events', but unfortunately the missing 'l' in the third word was not spotted until after sending.

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
This one is pretty pretty pretty good

d1d0292830193074d7c20febd29c9f5a.jpg

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
once went to text my ex mrs that the "F**king cat's got a strop on". Only, instead of strop, I put Strap. Very embarrassing, as she was doing a presentation on her ipad and a projector at the time.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
With each of these, I'm looking down at my keyboard to see if you can be forgiven for accidentally cocking up, of if the errors are intentional :lol:

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Can we include misuse of English in this thread?
I've just had to mark an essay by a foreign student about construction projects. I'm still working out how to tell him that you have to be very careful how you use the word erection.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Only this morning I tried to send a text to my partner saying "I love you", but I accidentally typed "You've ruined my life, you bitch"

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A while ago coming home from London on a Friday night, I thought I would do something nice for Mrs P, so sent her a text saying "Shall I pick up a take away and a bottle of wind"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here