Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull fan BANNED for LIFE

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
A HULL City fan caught on TV cameras confronting Derby County's captain on the pitch at the end of the Tigers play-off win has been banned from the club for life.

Adam Pardoe, 26, confronted Richard Keogh in the ugly scene, captured by Sky Sports cameras following the match on Tuesday night.

Mr Pardoe, of north Hull, went up to the Republic of Ireland international as he walked to the dressing room after City held on to beat the Rams 3-2 on aggregate in a nail-biting semi-final second-leg.

He apologised for his actions last night saying he had "let the club down" and that he would be "bitterly disappointed" if he could not go to Wembley for the Championship play-off final on May 28.

In a statement released today, Hull City announced Mr Pardoe has been banned from all club fixtures.

The statement reads: "We have written to Mr Pardoe following our investigation into the incident at the stadium on Tuesday night to inform him that he has now been banned from all Hull City fixtures. This ban is a lifetime ban.

"We are also advised the Stadium Management Company has issued a similar ban for the stadium."

Mr Pardoe said, if he could, he would apologise to Keogh, who was named his club's Player of the Year.

"If I'm honest, they (Derby County) played a great game," he said.

"I was out of order. If there is anything I can do to make this situation up I gladly will."

Fans widely condemned Mr Purdoe and a video of the clash had been viewed tens of thousands of times on social media within only a few hours.

Mr Pardoe insisted he has no criminal convictions for football-related disorder, although he has twice before made headlines in the Mail.

In 2008, Mr Pardoe – then aged 17 – was jailed for 12 months for attacking a 93-year-old man with an iron bar in his own home, leaving him with a severe head injury.

In 2011, he was jailed for seven years, but only served half before he was released on licence, after attacking a 70-year-old woman, also in her home.

It is understood that although Hull City's investigation is closed, police may conduct their own investigation into Mr Pardoe's actions

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Excellent news

He apologised for his actions last night saying he had "let the club down" and that he would be "bitterly disappointed" if he could not go to Wembley for the Championship play-off final on May 28.
Er, I think it's a no :lol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There would be an element of poetic justice in that, but I was rather hoping it would happen quite soon ideally.

Perhaps if it was BY someone in their 70s.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There would be an element of poetic justice in that, but I was rather hoping it would happen quite soon ideally.

He must be spectacularly thick too, Keogh is a big unit who can certainly look after himself.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So he's still out on license is he? Is acting the way he did enough to put him back inside?

I would think the police have enough to put him away. Threatening behaviour, pitch invasion are both criminal offences if the police want to use them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He must be spectacularly thick too, Keogh is a big unit who can certainly look after himself.

But he is a perfect victim, like both the others, people who can't fight back. If there weren't cameras and in the middle of the pitch, you know the little **** wouldn't dare go within 100 yards of Keogh

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He protests by insisting he has no previous convictions for football related violence. I'm not surprised - picking on OAPs in their homes is more his style. What a disgrace to the human race.

Sent from my iPhone using pineapple upside-down cake

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here