Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Oscar Garcia back to England (Forest?)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oscar Garcia has intensified speculation he is heading to manage in England again after reportedly turning down a role with Barcelona.

The Nottingham Forest managerial target was said to have met with Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu this week about the possibility of replacing Andoni Zubizarreta as sporting director at the Nou Camp.

But Garcia, who nearly took Brighton to the Premier League, has told the La Liga champions he is keen on getting back into management in England.

More, etc >>> http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notti...Oscar-Garcia/story-29297645-detail/story.html

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
After his 'come on my chickens!' video message the other day, maybe he should consider heading to Ewood Park. The advertising opportunities will be endless.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He is not the most reliable of employees is he? I have utmost respect for the guy but he really needs to stop flitting from club to club

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I am not sure why, maybe his comparison to the grumpy cat or the Barney Rubble song, I really took to Oscar straight away. He seems a bit flaky when it comes to saying anywhere, but there is no doubt when you look at the team he had here and the injuries he did a great job. I really wanted him to stay, and get the players that could play the way he promised.

Saying that I have enjoyed the way we have played under CH much much better.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps he'll swap Assombalonga for Rohan Ince ?

:jester:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Old "juan Season" to return eh. I shouldn't bother getting any flags or scarves wth his name on if I was a forest fan. #tomorrowsdusters.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
For what he had to work with after the Poyet fallout he did a fantastic job. We weren't exactly blessed with pace that season so I would prefer to judge his style when he builds his own team.

Yeah I'm not slagging him off particularly - he was certainly impacted by the fallout of the previous season and inherited a squad that was fit for one style only (with no plan b). But there were some very dull games that year. I still hold lots of affection and a great deal of respect for OG.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yeah I'm not slagging him off particularly - he was certainly impacted by the fallout of the previous season and inherited a squad that was fit for one style only (with no plan b). But there were some very dull games that year. I still hold lots of affection and a great deal of respect for OG.

Yep, it wasn't the football we are witnessing these days, but that said I thought Poyet was dull and predictable. And to be fair the end of Hughton’s first season wasn’t good on the eyes either.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
For what he had to work with after the Poyet fallout he did a fantastic job. We weren't exactly blessed with pace that season so I would prefer to judge his style when he builds his own team.

Fair enough, though from what Tony Bloom said after Oscar left, it wasn't entirely clear what players Oscar actually wanted. He was good at saying no to those proposed to him by the recruitment team but none of the suggestions he made himself were really viable. If I've remembered the interview correctly.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

But he is never there long enough to build his own team !

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Fair enough, though from what Tony Bloom said after Oscar left, it wasn't entirely clear what players Oscar actually wanted. He was good at saying no to those proposed to him by the recruitment team but none of the suggestions he made himself were really viable. If I've remembered the interview correctly.

He wasn't happy about losing Barnes, and he did want Grabban. No one knows exactly went on but I would guess there was a three way communication breakdown with Burke left to run the show. I think you will find that Bloom even admitted that he wasn't as hands on as he should have been.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here