Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2015/16 ratings

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well, what a season that was! Still gutted we didn't get what we deserved this season, not really for myself as I'm sure we’ll make it one day, but really feel for the players and staff. I’d be more than happy with this squad representing my club every season if they could! So as the dust settles these are my season ratings and thoughts:

Stockdale 9 Often has little to do so concentration levels are key, made some great saves at important moments. His kicking is the best I have seen for us (and possibly anywhere).

Maenpaa N/A Looks ok in the warm up!

Bruno 9 Unbelievable, my player of the season, I could talk about him all day. Just wish he was five years younger. Make the most of watching him folks as we will never see anything like him ever again in the stripes!

Calderon 7 Hasn't played in his natural position for two years, but never lets us down wherever he is picked.

Bong 7.5 Great start to the season, looked understandably a bit rusty on his return in the crunch games but did ok.

Ridgewell 6.5 Unspectacular but came in and did what needed to be done at the time.

Rosenior 8.5 Great pro and great to have around. Probably didn't realise just how good Bruno was when he signed! Did a good job for us wherever he played.

Greer 8 Underrated by many, hope he stays another year. Brings leadership, organisation, composure, calmness and experience. Instrumental in our unbeaten start and slotted in fine those last few games.

Dunk 8.5 Had a sticky spell mid season but came through it with flying colours, great partnership with Goldson developing which I hope to see for many seasons. Gets frustrated and loses it occasionally but will hopefully grow out of that soon!

Goldson 8.5 What a signing, the natural successor to GG. Has everything needed to be a top defender with a great temperament and attitude. We also have a goal threat from set pieces for the first time in ages, 10+ goals from CG/LD next season?

Hunemeier 7 A good defender but struggled with the physicality of the Championship and the least comfortable of our CB's with the ball.

Kayal 9 The heartbeat of our team, a (skilful) little terrier who runs himself into the ground every game. Probably ought to score a few more goals though.

Stephens 9 The glue that holds us together, he has absolutely everything for a midfielder. Ridiculous red card ruined his season (and ours?) but I won't mention that...

Sidwell 7 Strangely often played in advanced positions but when played in the middle did well, had a great game in the second leg.

Crofts 6.5 Generally did ok but unfortunately doesn’t look the player he once was.

Ince 6 Tough season for him, think he needs a run of games to settle down and be at his best. Not sure where he fits into this team?

Forster-Caskey N/A There’s a talented intelligent footballer in there but not sure we’ll ever see it? He’s at the crossroads at our club, he could do worse than watching Will Hughes.

Towell N/A Shows promise and wasn’t fazed when thrown in which is a good sign.

Holla N/A Who?

Lua Lua 8 Started the season absolutely flying, not sure what happened after the injury but wasn't the same player.

Murphy 8 Not the most skilful but gets into good positions and a good finisher. Grew into the team and then surprisingly fell out of the picture a little?

March 9 Was in the form of his life and looking a real prospect until the injury, hope he comes back just as good.

Van La Parra 7.5 A little frustrating at times but helped us in a time of need with a few goals and assists.

Knockaert 9 Amazing signing. Like a fit Vicente, only with more tricks. May need to work out what to do with him for away games though?

Skalak 7.5 I still don’t really know what he is? Often anonymous in general play but no doubt his delivery is very good. And that goal...

Manu 4 Massive disappointment!

Baldock 7.5 Clever footballer and runs his socks off. Good partnership with Hemed but...more goals please!

Hemed 8 Started quite well then lost his confidence. Found it again late in the season and looked very good but maybe fatigue set in last few games?

Wilson 7 Frustrating! Shows flashes of real quality and a good finisher. Still learning and probably needs another spell somewhere before he’s anywhere near ready for Man Utd.

Zamora 8 Legend, gave everyone a massive lift. Some games he looked like an old man, but then he goes and does something like run the whole length of the pitch and score! Still a great finisher, hope we see him again...

Hughton 9.5 Fantastic, what a job he has done. Hope he’s here for four years and more. Only marked down slightly because of some fairly defensive substitutions to close games out, which always invited pressure on us and did nothing for my ticker!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here