Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This close season is dragging a bit

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I've never had such excitement so close to a season ending.

Little things like we know how good Skalak was after signing. Just HOW great will he be with a full pre season

Sidwell certainly kicked on as the season developed, if he was to sign how important could he be

The quicker the season starts the less time there is for anyone to try and poach players

I can't wait to see who Hughton and Winstanley bring in

I want to see if we can recreate the atmosphere we had on Monday. The best home atmosphere I've ever been in

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed. On Tuesday morning I never wanted to go to a football match ever again (or not before August, whichever came first).

Now I'm contemplating popping along to the Amex tonight to see Worthing play.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Agreed. On Tuesday morning I never wanted to go to a football match ever again (or not before August, whichever came first).

Strange, I am going there as well, except I am going to see Eastbourne borough!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Only 1 month and 2 days until FIXTURES

Only 7 weeks until pre season starts

Only 11 weeks until 2016/17 KO

And for those looking to book holidays

Doesn't the COCup draw happen before the league fixtures come out ?

( Crawley at the Amex, please ).

Anyway, football starts again for me in just over 3 weeks - June 11th England v Russia at the Euros.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005

I'm at a wedding this weekend otherwise I would be there tonight.

I don't think there's any any proper football on until the remf other than that

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am already ready for a chant of "Bring on the Champions" (copyright Albion fans, first game at Southend after BZ signed before the team ran out onto the pitch)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I am already ready for a chant of "Bring on the Champions" (copyright Albion fans, first game at Southend after BZ signed before the team ran out onto the pitch)

Yep only hopefully without the same result (keeper stress, 2 -0 defeat and David lee scoring

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Hmmm. Soothsayer here - Beware the Promise from Last Season!, 13-14 to 14-15 and all that.

Of course the circumstances are totally different, but players leave (can't believe some will not be poached); they lose form; replacements dont fit in.

The auspices are good - I dont think the relegated clubs pose the threat that Hull and Burnley did last; they had recent Championship experience and crucially kept the managers that got them out so were always likely to feature - and looking at what's left, cant see much beyond Derby and PO loser; Cardiff under Trollope might do OK and McCarthy might squeeze that extra bit from Ipswich again but neither seem to have owners who want to go big. But, it is not a gimme, things go wrong for unpredictable reasons just as they went right this.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hmmm. Soothsayer here - Beware the Promise from Last Season!, 13-14 to 14-15 and all that.

Of course the circumstances are totally different, but players leave (can't believe some will not be poached); they lose form; replacements dont fit in.

The auspices are good - I dont think the relegated clubs pose the threat that Hull and Burnley did last; they had recent Championship experience and crucially kept the managers that got them out so were always likely to feature - and looking at what's left, cant see much beyond Derby and PO loser; Cardiff under Trollope might do OK and McCarthy might squeeze that extra bit from Ipswich again but neither seem to have owners who want to go big. But, it is not a gimme, things go wrong for unpredictable reasons just as they went right this.

Right up until the last month.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Newcastle will not want to be in the championship any longer than possible, it devalues Ashleys investment and the new Villa owner is threatening to spend big, so to count them out already is very dangerous.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Newcastle will not want to be in the championship any longer than possible, it devalues Ashleys investment and the new Villa owner is threatening to spend big, so to count them out already is very dangerous.

Yes, possibly but they have to get squads that gel; it is not solely about splashing the cash as Leicester and us showed this season. I just go on previous seasons - Hull & Burnley were exceptional for the reasons I said: been there, done it got the T shirt. Villa & Newcastle have no recent experience; Norwich do but may have financial problems if another thread is to be believed.

Look at relegated teams from previous seasons: Norwich PO, Fulham, Cardiff nowhere; Wigan & QPR PO, Reading just missed out; Bolton, Blackburn Wolves nowhere; Brum, Blackpool, West Ham all PO. Burnley only team to make top two from previous relegation in last 5 seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here