Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playoff Games Won

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Am I right in thinking that the last game we actually won in the playoffs (90 min ) was away at Swindon in 2004 ???:eek:

Oops PLAYOFFS !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are clearly getting a reputation as chokers :down:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
On the plus side, Monday broke a pattern of four consecutive defeats.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From whom? The only game we choked was Palace at home. Derby were better than us, we had terrible luck at Hillsborough and at the home game last week we gave it our all.

it's all about the results to most outsiders. I have had innumerable arguments with non Albion fans about the Stephens sending off, the Barton stamp on Kayal and the Weds goal on Monday, I haven't garnered much sympathy I have to say. Trying to sell the hard luck story just makes me sound like I'm whinging. The sympathy is not massive in my experience and two people have suggested to me that we are chokers. :shrug:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Albion Play-off games:

1990/91
Millwall (H) - W 4-1
Millwall (A) - W 2-1
Notts County (Final) - L 1-3

2003/04
Swindon Town (A) - W 1-0
Swindon Town (H) - :L 1-2 (won on penalties)
Bristol City (Final) - W 1-0

2012/13
Crystal Palace (A) - D 0-0
Crystal Palace (H) - L 0-2

2013/14
Derby County (H) - L 1-2
Derby County (A) - L 1-4

2015/16
Sheffield Wednesday (A) - L 0-2
Sheffield Wednesday (H) - D 1-1

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Great memories of the play off campaign in 2004. A quiet affair in the Litten Tree for the first leg. Chippy putting us 1 up. A more energetic atmosphere in the K&Q for the second leg, getting covered in booze straight after the penalty shoot-out win. Then a trip to Bristol followed by Cardiff for the big one. Terrible game, but the atmosphere and promotion made up for that. Hopefully next season we can avoid the play offs altogether and claim an automatic spot. They provide great drama. Though we've been stung so many times it feels like we've walked into an almost annual wasps-nest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here