Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Five Most Memorable Moments Of The Season . . .

el punal

. . . but not on the pitch! In a tremendous season for the Albion there have been so many stand out moments that have involved us fans. So, an opportunity for you to describe an a event or scene that has occurred in the last ten months or so that will live long in the memory.

My five, in mainly chronological order :

Tomer Hemed's celebration after scoring the last minute penalty at Fulham in front of thousands of adoring Albion fans. The shape of things to come.

The real TOGETHER moment. When the club did their tribute for the victims of the Shoreham air crash. It was an impeccable and dignified process that united the players, the fans, and the club, as one in the aftermath of that terrible tragedy.

A strange one, this. I missed the home game against Charlton (Grrr!), so had to rely on the radio and t'internet for updates. So when I checked the half time scores to find we 0-2 down, I thought that's it, our unbeaten record up the Swanee. I became brave at around 5 o'clock and checked again to find out that we won 3-2.
This prompted wild scenes of jubilation of "Yes! Yes! Get in there!!" In the middle of Croydon town centre - of all places!

The end of the away match at MK Dons. When the players came to the 7,000 travelling Albion army to a thunderous " We are going up! ". The unity and bond between the the players and the fans was astonishing.

And my final selection - the unforgettable, the unbelievable, the earth shattering atmosphere at Monday night's play off match against Sheffield Wednesday. I have been watching the Albion for fifty years and and have never experienced anything like THAT! Beautiful.

So there it is, my five stand out moments in an immense season but with many, many more runner up selections. :albion2:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hemed at Fulham

Skalak at Charlton

Looking back at Charlton when we came on, and seeing the balloons and streamers

Noise on Monday

For a different reason the way the club handled the Shoreham Air Disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Fulham home and away

Leeds at home

Skalak wonder goal

7,000 of us at MK

Atmosphere Monday

What a great season it has been.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Skalak goal v QPR

Stephens Red at Boro (for all the wrong reasons)

Shoreham Air Disaster tribute

Sidwell at Forest

Bobby at Leeds

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Would add Bobby's goal vs Bristol City (?) in front of the north stand
Hemed's winner against Charlton
Skalak's goal vs QPR.. the best (most spectacular) Albion goal I have ever seen..
MK Dons Penalty miss

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Bobby v Charlton (It was the first time I had ever seen him score live despite him being my 'hero')
My son seeing his first Brighton match and a Emile Heskey goal (He doesn't appreciate how rare they are)
My sons smile for hours/days after meeting Jamie Murphy following the Derby game
21 unbeaten
Shoreham tributes

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The respect shown by Steve Bruce the players and fans of Hull City pre match in respect of those who lost their lives in the Shoreham disaster.

The CARD advert in the Argus

Calde and other players chatting to our disabled fans pre game many times

Seeing so many children in Albion shirts our future fan base in secure

The distraught players after the Wednesday game when they were still heroes in so many people's eyes due to the fantastic season

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Bobby Signing
Hemed at Fulham
My Ridiculous and embarrassing reaction in my Kitchen listening to Bobby's winner at Dirty Leeds
North Stand reaction at the end of the unbeaten run against Boro
Yeah...Monday night.. Standing all game in the North, Singing all night. Realsing I couldn't hear the Wednesday fans singing, even though we were going out and they were going to Wembley.. incredible.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Being there at the very start when Baldock and Hemed combined to score a goal in 3 minutes against FC Meyrin to banish all of the disappointments from the season before.

Fulham away, walking away from the stadium with "we're bha, we're top of the league" being sung from throng behind us.

When Hemed scored the winner against Charlton what a cross, what a header.

Bristol City away, after making almost the same journey down the M4 three days earlier to Cardiff the joy of easing the memories of the 1-4 drubbing with a thrashing of our own.

Stephen's scoring the equaliser at Boro, the maddest celebration of the season with the hope that went with it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
.....But not on the pitch!
The MK McDonalds drive through that they turned into a walk through.
Singing "we never forget" at Charlton.
The rain in Cardiff, getting wet even at the back of the stand.
The chatter on the coach to Boro followed by the silence coming home.
The constant thought in the back of my mind that this could just be our year.

2016/17 Bring it on!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The fight back against Charlton - first time we'd been in that situation for the season and our players showed what they were made of.
Bobby scoring in front of the North stand against Bristol City - What we'd all hoped for from the moment he signed.
The clubs handling of the Shoreham Air Show disaster - It showed that the club is still very much at the heart of the community.
Sklaks goal vs QPR - The best goal we've seen at the Amex.
Full time against Sheff Wed at the Amex - We were down and out, the dream was over, the players and fans were devastated. The reaction of the crowd was amazing, it was acknowledgement for the players that they couldn't have given any more and we couldn't have been prouder of them for that night or the season as a whole.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The 5 moments for me :

Zamora goal v Bristol City

Skalak's goal v QPR

Sidwell's winner at Forest

The equaliser v Derby at the Amex

Dunk's goal v Wednesday

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Shoreham...from the walk in the morning through a remarkable day

Tomer at Fulham on the advertising boards

Tomer's header against Charlton

Skalak's missile

Monday's atmosphere

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bobby's goal at home to Bristol City. Bobby Zamora. At the Amex. Late Winner. My two teenage lads got to see what the fuss was about. Special moment.

Bristol City away - the whole evening. Brilliant performance. Good goals. Albion fans in great voice - "He left cos you're shit, He left cos you're shi-it..." Great night out in Bristol. Top away day.

The fans' reaction to conceding, away at Birmingham. "We're one nil down, who gives a fck? We're Brightnovealbyun and we're goingup" Kept the faith, and were rewarded handsomely. The reaction to Dunk's winner a great moment.

Monday night - the performance and the atmosphere. Very special indeed.

Hull at home - the Shoreham tribute. I was on the pitch holding Jacob's shirt, grateful for my sunglasses. A very, very difficult moment, handled utterly beautifully.

Just missed out - Jiri v QPR, Knocky free kick, Knocky jinking run and finish v Burnley, the first half destruction of THE Leeds United.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here