Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Move on or stay behind ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have been on this board for over a year now

One of the best parts that I have found is the endearing and affection for players past and present who belong to the fans. Players like Lua Lua. Craig Noone. Gordon Greer, Bobby Zamorra, and there are lots more I could mention.

That's the endearing part about this website.

I see lots of love for players like GG etc and I think this is a better forum than most websites that I visit because they pay respect to players who have given them good times in their lives. Then I ask myself. Who is ready to move on ?

Who is really ready to move to the next level? Those players gave you wonderful times. People like Lua Lua was a world beater 4 years ago, in a lower division. He isn't now, I am sad to say.

If everyone on here wants success, they need to move on up. They have to leave those players behind. They have to acknowledge that to achieve what someone like the Board and the Manager wants for the club and themselves then those players fall short of what is required.

Every week on here I see people looking for new players but they also want some of their old favourites to be brought back too. Both cannot happen at the same time. We do one of two things . We abandon the old ones or we embrace the new ones. One or the other. Both are not conducive.

I fall into the same category. I love Jamie Murphy as a player. I know he will play a big part next year but I know for sure he is not a Premiership player unless he improves In the next 12 months. And he can improve but that's up to him. Not me

So I ask you this.............................. Are in love with your old stars or are you ready to fall on love with your Potential new stars ? THAT IS THE QUSTION?

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

One of the best parts that I have found is the endearing and affection for players past and present who belong to the fans. Players like Lua Lua. Craig Noone. Gordon Greer, Bobby Zamorra, and there are lots more I could mention.

That's the endearing part about this website.

I see lots of love for players like GG etc and I think this is a better forum than most websites that I visit because they pay respect to players who have given them good times in their lives. Then I ask myself. Who is ready to move on ?

Who is really ready to move to the next level? Those players gave you wonderful times. People like Lua Lua was a world beater 4 years ago, in a lower division. He isn't now, I am sad to say.

If everyone on here wants success, they need to move on up. They have to leave those players behind. They have to acknowledge that to achieve what he wants for the club and himself then those players fall short of what is required.

Every week on here I see people looking for new players but they also want some of their old favourites to be brought back too. Both cannot happen at the same time. We do one of two things . We abandon the old ones or we embrace the new ones. One or the other. Both are not conducive.

I fall into the same category. I love Jamie Murphy as a player. I know he will play a big part next year but I know for sure he is not a Premiership player unless he improves In the next 12 months. And he can improve but that's up to him. Not me

So I ask you this.............................. Are in love with your old stars or are you ready to fall on love with your Potential new stars ? THAT IS THE QUSTION?

I don't wish to be horrible (particularly at this hour) but hasn't this been covered in other threads?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm in love with Knockaert. Fantastic player. Sadly i believe he will be gone in the summer from a bid between 6-8 million

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you're moving on?

If everyone on here wants success, they need to move on up. They have to leave those players behind. They have to acknowledge that to achieve what someone like the Board and the Manager wants for the club and themselves then those players fall short of what is required.
Oh I see.

We don't need to move on, we don't choose the players do we. Chris & Co will choose the players and we'll cheer them on.

Are you for real? Knockaert is a new star, he's only been with us 5 months. Rosenior has only been with us for one season, and fans have followed my lead and taken him to their heart.

No he wont
How do you know? Exactly what has he said to suggest his head wouldn't be turned by an offer from a PL club?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm in love with Knockaert. Fantastic player. Sadly i believe he will be gone in the summer from a bid between 6-8 million

I think he may go. But probably closer to the £8-9m mark.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So you're moving on?

Oh I see.

We don't need to move on, we don't choose the players do we. Chris & Co will choose the players and we'll cheer them on.

Are you for real? Knockaert is a new star, he's only been with us 5 months. Rosenior has only been with us for one season, and fans have followed my lead and taken him to their heart.

How do you know? Exactly what has he said to suggest his head wouldn't be turned by an offer from a PL club?

This is a fans forum.................... My thought as a fan only[/B] but the last point................ I know that he will do everything in his power to keep him and don't forget I know how good he is at these sort of things

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This is a fans forum.................... My thought as a fan only[/B] but the last point................ I know that he will do everything in his power to keep him and don't forget I know how good he is at these sort of things

He convinced Nathan Redmond to go to Norwich ahead if Everton

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is a fans forum.................... My thought as a fan only[/B]
Yeah, I was just saying that we fans don't need to move on (the only fan that would really apply to is Mr Bloom, as he gets a say in contracts). You say that we need to move on up if we want success - we don't, the club will sign the right players, we'll support them.

but the last point................ I know that he will do everything in his power to keep him
No doubt he will, and I think Anthony likes it here and would be happy to stay. But if a PL club really wanted him, that's a tough thing to turn down. He's just seen Bruno miss the chance to play in the PL, and while Anthony is much much younger, you don't always get second chances.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yeah, I was just saying that we fans don't need to move on (the only fan that would really apply to is Mr Bloom, as he gets a say in contracts). You say that we need to move on up if we want success - we don't, the club will sign the right players, we'll support them.

No doubt he will, and I think Anthony likes it here and would be happy to stay. But if a PL club really wanted him, that's a tough thing to turn down. He's just seen Bruno miss the chance to play in the PL, and while Anthony is much much younger, you don't always get second chances.

You are 10000000000 % Correct but in any job - and put yourself in this position................its not always you find a Boss that you like that sometimes having a brilliant Boss is Better than money.

For some people the money is better I concede that but not everyone is like that

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are 10000000000 % Correct
Phuck me, I knew I was good, but that must be some kind of record?

in any job you do an put yourself in this position................its not always you find a Boss that you like that sometimes having a brilliant Boss is Better than money.

For some people the money is better I concede that but not everyone is like that
Indeed each player is different and note that we're not just talking about money, we're also talking about career opportunity - players want to play at the highest level they can. I'm not suggesting people will leave, just that we can't be totally sure they'll all stay.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Phuck me, I knew I was good, but that must be some kind of record?

Indeed each player is different and note that we're not just talking about money, we're also talking about career opportunity - players want to play at the highest level they can. I'm not suggesting people will leave, just that we can't be totally sure they'll all stay.

Nah I am not 100% sure but see my private messages to you

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I told you, I'm married and I'm not into that kind shit.

**** off I've been married longer than you I am sure so don't start hitting on me because my divorce would cost more than John Terry's would

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
For me, although I do love the players mentioned, now is the time to move on from the past.

I absolutely loved Bobby Zamora coming back and his first goal for us back at the Amex was one of my special albion moments.

The only player I'd now like to see back is Leo Ulloa. Simply because he seems to have such an affection for the club still.In the Championship he is still clearly good enough, in the PL it's less certain, and maybe we should be aiming for better in that league.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Knockaert has been here less than six months. It would take obscene money for us to consider parting with him now.

Every year this happens where everyone starts shitting themselves we'll sell stars we've only recently picked up, and yet we NEVER do. If a player has been here for under a year and we want to keep hold of them, they're not going to be going anywhere.

For my mind there are just two vital players in the squad we're at risk of losing this Summer and that's Kayal and Stephens. However it would only be if they got interest from Premier League clubs offering big bucks and to be honest the last few midfielders we've made money on haven't actually gone on to have a great deal of success there (Buckley, Bridcutt and even Noone) so I'm not sure they're going to be as in demand as we might fear.

We SHOULD be able to keep the nucleus of this team together for next season, it's just a shame that Bruno and Greer can't keep going forever and obviously Bob'll have to be off

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Pragmatism overrides sentimentality. I am one of those who would welcome back Glenn Murray, BUT if Mr Hughton doesn't think he is the right player for us, or if we can do better, I will very, very happily accept the club's decision.

The obvious ones at the moment are Greer, Calderon and Bruno. Would love them all to stay, but if the decisions are different, then fair enough. And that might be their decision. Calde might choose to move on to get more game time, even if offered a contract.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For me, although I do love the players mentioned, now is the time to move on from the past.

I absolutely loved Bobby Zamora coming back and his first goal for us back at the Amex was one of my special albion moments.

The only player I'd now like to see back is Leo Ulloa. Simply because he seems to have such an affection for the club still.In the Championship he is still clearly good enough, in the PL it's less certain, and maybe we should be aiming for better in that league.

I'd like to see Sidwell back. He's out if contract, back up to speed & part of the team, especially since it's very likely Crofts will be released.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here