Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

captain

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As Bruno has been standing in this season when Greer has been out of the team logic would suggest he would become the next captain

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Kayal for me, Bruno may be gone too, if he's not, and i hope not, then he may only last another season.
If Stephens was made captain, would he be more likely to sign a new contract? If so then give it to him, other than that though, id say Kayal.

I_am_marmalade

Jun 6, 2014
My vote goes to Rosenior. Quality player, always comes across well in the press, lot of love and passion for the club and is always rallying the team.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Kayal for me, Bruno may be gone too, if he's not, and i hope not, then he may only last another season.
If Stephens was made captain, would he be more likely to sign a new contract? If so then give it to him, other than that though, id say Kayal.

I can't see any reason why Bruno wouldn't be retained, its not as if he's began to look leggy or aged at all, in fact he's been positively spritely. That isn't going to change in the next 8 weeks in the off-season.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think there are a number of decent candidates, most of whom have already been mentioned. Kayal, Stephens, Bruno and Rosenior would all do a good job as captain. I'm sure Stockdale would too but I'd prefer an outfield player to do it. I'd plump for Kayal or Stephens as they are the only two who will, barring injury, almost certainly be ever present next season. I know Bruno played all season this year but he's getting on a bit now, will he both be able to maintain his incredible form and go the whole season without injury? Rosenior has been excellent but Hughton keeps him on the bench fairly regularly when we have a full squad. Therefore either Stephens or Kayal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Got to be Bruno if he stays given how CH obviously thought he was the man last season. Unlike some teams, I don't think it's such a critical appointment for us though because of the team spirit that has developed, and the fact we have natural leaders all over the pitch.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Has to be Bruno. As much as Kayal, Stephens, etc might want to be captain, they'll all recognise that our flairmeister has to have that accolade. That said, if GG stays, which I think he should (as fourth choice), he should be club captain, with Bruno as team captain.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Kayal. Bruno's been fantastic this year but realistically doesn't have long left, Kayal (assuming no moves) could be a long-term leader for the team.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
I personally thing Goldson could be a dark horse. He seems to have all of the capabilities and I think he was captain at shrewsbury. It'd say Bruno is more likely to be club captain a la Greer this season

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patreon
Jan 19, 2010
Kayal for me.

Who took over the armband on Monday night when GG was substituted? I didn't notice at the time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here