Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton rewarded with new contract

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton & Hove Albion have rewarded manager Chris Hughton with a new four-year contract, following an exceptional season in 2015/16.

Hughton - who led Albion to third place in the Championship with a club record points total for the Championship and won the LMA Championship Manager of the Year Award - has agreed a new deal with the club which will run until June 2020.

Chairman Tony Bloom said, "Chris thoroughly deserves this new contract after such an outstanding season. He has done an exceptional job since he took over as manager on New Year's Eve 2014.

"He secured our safety in his first five months in charge, and has instigated an outstanding turnaround in our fortunes on the pitch.

"He has overseen the building of a squad of which we are immensely proud, and one which has delivered a season to remember for our fans. He also has led the club off the pitch too, at important and difficult times, and we are very proud to have him as manager of Brighton & Hove Albion.

"There is no doubt he is one of the best and most skillful managers in the country and we are delighted to be going into next season with Chris at the helm and leading our club as we aim to go one step further and realise our ultimate aim of reaching the Premier League."

Chief executive Paul Barber added, "Chris has been an absolute pleasure to work with for me and for everyone at the club. He is hugely respected by the board and our staff and I am absolutely delighted he has committed his longer term future to the club.

“Chris's football knowledge and managerial ability is first class, and he is one of the most-respected figures in English football. I echo the chairman's comments when I say we are very proud of Chris's achievements this season, and we are delighted to have him as our manager."

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Brighton & Hove Albion have rewarded manager Chris Hughton with a new four-year contract, following an exceptional season in 2015/16.

Hughton - who led Albion to third place in the Championship with a club record points total for the Championship and won the LMA Championship Manager of the Year Award - has agreed a new deal with the club which will run until June 2020.

Chairman Tony Bloom said, "Chris thoroughly deserves this new contract after such an outstanding season. He has done an exceptional job since he took over as manager on New Year's Eve 2014.

"He secured our safety in his first five months in charge, and has instigated an outstanding turnaround in our fortunes on the pitch.

"He has overseen the building of a squad of which we are immensely proud, and one which has delivered a season to remember for our fans. He also has led the club off the pitch too, at important and difficult times, and we are very proud to have him as manager of Brighton & Hove Albion.

"There is no doubt he is one of the best and most skillful managers in the country and we are delighted to be going into next season with Chris at the helm and leading our club as we aim to go one step further and realise our ultimate aim of reaching the Premier League."

Chief executive Paul Barber added, "Chris has been an absolute pleasure to work with for me and for everyone at the club. He is hugely respected by the board and our staff and I am absolutely delighted he has committed his longer term future to the club.

“Chris's football knowledge and managerial ability is first class, and he is one of the most-respected figures in English football. I echo the chairman's comments when I say we are very proud of Chris's achievements this season, and we are delighted to have him as our manager."

Great news

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Brilliant news. An appointment i was thrilled about at the time. Wasn't my first choice but thankfully dodged the bullet there.

Ketchy

Steve Fosters Sweat Band
May 19, 2009
Seaford
Super signing, i must admit i wasn't sure he was the right choice when he first signed but he has proved me wrong and some!!!!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great news. Villa were sniffing around then...!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Well that's certainly lifted the cloud of disappointment from over my head. Cracking news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here