Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Since the end of the game on Monday i've been ....

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Randomly shaking my head is disbelief every few minutes while relaying how the last 2 weeks panned out.

I think its great all the positivity and well wishing and looking ahead to next season, but im not there yet.

I hope this feeling goes away soon couldnt bear it all summer.

*head shaking in disbelief*

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Randomly shaking my head is disbelief every few minutes while relaying how the last 2 weeks panned out.

I think its great all the positivity and well wishing and looking ahead to next season, but im not there yet.

I know what you mean - too depressed to think about next season yet

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
For a moment then I thought you were going to say '...masturbating'.

I'm glad you didn't.

And yes, I've been doing the same. Shaking my head that is. Not masturbating.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

The same but, move on and upwards can't wait until August now, no point dwelling in the past or it will eat you up forever. We are in this together, I may change again tomorrow but today full of positives.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I haven't been shaking my head. I've been furiously masturbating and I think it's taken my mind off things.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think we ALL really need a three month break now, players, officials and fans. Actually looking forward to the break, and to coming back in August relishing the season ahead. :albion:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Try not to think about next season. Think about what you are going to do with your summer.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Think we ALL really need a three month break now, players, officials and fans. Actually looking forward to the break, and to coming back in August relishing the season ahead. :albion:

This is the point. And a very good one.

For me, this afternoon I've been listening to the cricket and trying to compile 30 year club averages for my team's anniversary next year. Haven't once thought of football (although I've been on the cricket thread in NSC). After a few days folk will realise that there's more to life. We always do.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Every season its:

May - Thank God the campaign's over. Spent far too much on going to football.

June - Hmmmm. Tennis is entertaining but only from the quarter-finals. Fixture list is like looking at the menu in a decent restaurant. Starting to whet the appetite.

July - Excitement really starting to build. May go to a friendly or two.

August - It's arrived! Life's too short for wishing the summer away. First match feels like Christmas.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I'm getting over it by putting up my Euro 2016 wallchart. Need my next fix of hope followed by disappointment.

IMG_2255.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was like a zombie yesterday. A very sad zombie at that.

I wanted comfort food for dinner to went to Tesco and to the "we'll make you a pizza" counter. Quite innocently, the "we'll make you a pizza" lady asked if it was going to be my dinner, to which I responded it was as I needed some fun food. She then asked why, and I genuinely struggled to hold it together as I explained. I'm a fully grown man (physically, if not mentally) for crying out loud.

Today, I'm about 1000 times better. I just don't need to see any pictures nor read any words about how the players felt on Monday night. That'd push me over the edge again.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

I wanted comfort food for dinner to went to Tesco and to the "we'll make you a pizza" counter. Quite innocently, the "we'll make you a pizza" lady asked if it was going to be my dinner, to which I responded it was as I needed some fun food. She then asked why, and I genuinely struggled to hold it together as I explained. I'm a fully grown man (physically, if not mentally) for crying out loud.

Today, I'm about 1000 times better. I just don't need to see any pictures nor read any words about how the players felt on Monday night. That'd push me over the edge again.

Ooops.

#sorry

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I've not been thinking about it every couple of minutes, but a couple of times a day. Unfortunately, the positivity is still irritating me. The 'we gave everything' 'couldn't have done more' just draws a snappy 'we didn't give it v derby/middlesbrough/away to weds before the injuries bit etc. The 'it's been a great season' just leaves me thinking of all those games I've walked away from frustrated that we didn't make our brief dominant period count for more. The 'we would have taken it at the start of the season's make me petulantly think 'actually not going up isn't really all that different to not going down, so since I didn't enjoy the games as much, how is this much of an improvement on last season'.

On the plus side, I only have those thoughts a couple of times a day, the rest of the day I'm not thinking about it.

I don't know what will change it. Right now I'm thinking only either being 6+ points clear at the top in late March having won more than one game against the top six, or actually getting promoted. But I think the right signing could knock this negativity out of me (and that won't be an aging former legend who won't be fit enough to play when we need him).

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Too many onions in the pizza again...?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here