Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa to be sold to Chinese. Di Matteo as Manager

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Sky Sports reporting Villa chairman in China to finalise sale of club.
Sale due to complete by weekend.
Chinese has spoken to Roberto Di Matteo representatives as he is 1st choice manager.
Can't believe we will meet this lot in a league game...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Makes we want them to bomb even more now. Di Matteo could get eaten alive with that group of no marks players in this league.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So they'll have about a billion to invest next season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would be very surprised if Poyet isn't looking to throw his hat into the ring for this one and looking to break his Real Betis contract before it's even properly started.

Even though De Matteo is a great mate? Even worse it's a Championship job, isn't that a bit below him now?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ominous for those that have written off Villa's chances. I have already said 2 of the 3 relegated will be automatic and with Benitez apparently staying at Newcastle that would leave us to chase play offs again.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ominous for those that have written off Villa's chances. I have already said 2 of the 3 relegated will be automatic and with Benitez apparently staying at Newcastle that would leave us to chase play offs again.

Like we were all this year.

:ffsparr:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Giving established players long contracts in the past year, as well as signing 12 new ones last summer to the tune of £55m, means Villa's first-team squad is thought to have 74 years left on contracts.

:eek:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As many as 3 replies before Poyet's name is mentioned.

Well done NSC, things are looking up.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

That's a joke right?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I like Di Matteo as a manager and was pretty disappointed when he lost out to Oscar here when he applied 3 years ago. Don't think Villa is the job for him though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here