Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Sidwell been offered a contract?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Apologies, if this has been posted before, I must have missed it if it was, but it really sounds like Sidwell thinks he's going to be here next year so I can only assume he has been offered a contract. Good news from my point of view.

“The team is playing attractive football and scoring goals. I’m sure there will be a lot of Albion fans that are happy with what they’ve seen. We want them to come back, support us next year and we go again.”

“The motivation comes from looking around and seeing that hurt on your team-mates’ faces. That’s the motivation for next year to say we don’t want to be in this situation again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect he has.

But nothing has been announced.

Crofts will have been on generous wages, so I expect he'll be the replacement.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
What are his wages at Stoke, must be £70k a week.

Are they anything?

He previously said that 'Brighton took over his contract' during an interview on Sky Sports News. So was he just using a weird way of saying loan, or, was he actually our player and therefore wages have been sorted and come down anyway?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whatever his wages were at Stoke those days are now long gone.

The geezer is 34 next birthday and collapsed in the 1st Leg vs Sheff Wed - he is no spring chicken.

I'd definitely sign him up although I'm pretty certain he'd be looking at a 2-year deal and it's whether the club want that or a 1-year deal.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Why, he's been at Chelsea etc and they pay massive wages so players are reluctant to drop their wage demands to much.

He's not on £70k.....

Marko Arnautovic is reported to have rejected Stoke City’s opening contract offer and asked to be made the highest-paid player at the club.

Arnautovic is out of contract at the end of next season and has been in negotiations for several weeks over a new one, but the Daily Telegraph claims Stoke have temporarily suspended negotiations after the Austria winger asked to be paid ‘far in excess’ of the £70,000 a week the club’s current highest earner, Xherdan Shaqiri, receives.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
He's not on £70k.....

Marko Arnautovic is reported to have rejected Stoke City’s opening contract offer and asked to be made the highest-paid player at the club.

Arnautovic is out of contract at the end of next season and has been in negotiations for several weeks over a new one, but the Daily Telegraph claims Stoke have temporarily suspended negotiations after the Austria winger asked to be paid ‘far in excess’ of the £70,000 a week the club’s current highest earner, Xherdan Shaqiri, receives.

I was only going by the ridiculous salary prem players are on and most aren't worth their pay. Look at Aston Villa.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He might be 34 but he hasn't got that many miles on the clock in terms of games played. I'd guess he has signed but it won't be announced just yet.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Well we should know pretty soon as Hughton will be looking after the retained list - perhaps as early as today and , if previous years are anything to go by, then they will also announce that they will be offering contracts to loan players etc.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
he does say 'we'. I hope he stays - excellent back up and can help Towell's and Molumby's development. We really do have something special - potentially anyway - in Molumby

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here