Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever present

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Prior to this season, we had not had an ever-present in the league at the Amex. Stephen Ward had come closest with 44 matches in 2013/14.

This season, we have had two ever-presents - David Stockdale and Bruno. Plus Dale Stephens only missed one match (I'm not including play-offs here). Probably the three best players in the squad this season too; they were my top three in the Roar Player of the Season vote.

Alright, it's not the second law of thermo-nuclear dynamic physics, but it's interesting, innit?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Just incredible at his age, that Bruno not only hardly missed a game all season, but from the 1st minute of the first to the last minute of the last was bombing up and down the right wing.

An absolute, true, hero.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just incredible at his age, that Bruno not only hardly missed a game all season, but from the 1st minute of the first to the last minute of the last was bombing up and down the right wing.

An absolute, true, hero.

Incredible the level of fitness that man possesses.
To the best of my knowledge only subbed off twice this season (Burnley & Cardiff I think).
Can anyone substantiate this?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Subbed four times...

Away at Boton (March)
Away at Reading (Zamora)
Away at Bristol City (Calderon)
Home to Burnley (Bong)

Stockdale, of course, played every single minute.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
And to think many on here were screaming for Walton to be our number 1 (13)

You'd hope some people would have learnt a lot this season e.g. to give players like Stockdale a chance rather than demanding an untested young player is thrown into a relegation battle or not to demand a manager is sacked after six months when he's managed to keep the team up, which was his job when he started, and now has time to build.

Sadly, I doubt they will learn and, if we have a bad start, will be calling for Hughton to be sacked again.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
There is another way of looking at this.
Chris plays a team to beat the oppo and sometimes would drop or move a player. Fully fit I don't think he would always select the same 11 players.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
And to think many on here were screaming for Walton to be our number 1 (13)

Well Stockdale was distinctly average last season so it was hardly that much of an outrageous call.

Easily in our top 3 players of this season. Ben Roberts arrival as coach has certainly played his part but now £1.5m for him looks like a bargain bit of business

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Especially as I have no idea what it is. Some sort of nuclear version of thermodynamics I assume?

It's just a smart way of saying thermodynamics, same thing. I was making a joke in my last post, an extremely bad one though I will admit.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Prior to this season, we had not had an ever-present in the league at the Amex. Stephen Ward had come closest with 44 matches in 2013/14.

This season, we have had two ever-presents - David Stockdale and Bruno. Plus Dale Stephens only missed one match (I'm not including play-offs here). Probably the three best players in the squad this season too; they were my top three in the Roar Player of the Season vote.

Alright, it's not the second law of thermo-nuclear dynamic physics, but it's interesting, innit?

You could argue it's close in the sense that the entropy has to be ever present to increase over time.

Although changes in our line up could be negative.

Which kind of upholds your view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here