Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club legend world cup

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's high time we do this one I think. Just reading that superb post about Bruno, I realised we've probably got 3 all-time club legends in the same squad (Bruno, Calde, Zamora).

This one is going to need time to compile. But lets have a few names anyway. I'll kick off with:

Zamora
Ward
Hart
Bruno
Case
Calderon

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Can I just try and make a marker by saying "no" to Ulloa.

Don't get me wrong - I love Leo Ulloa and I think he loves us. There'll always be some Albion in his heart. But I'm struggling to think that 'legend' status can be attached to someone with 18 months service, unless something truly exceptional happened within that time. Unfortunately it didn't.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stockdale ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Don't get me wrong - I love Leo Ulloa and I think he loves us. There'll always be some Albion in his heart. But I'm struggling to think that 'legend' status can be attached to someone with 18 months service, unless something truly exceptional happened within that time. Unfortunately it didn't.

Exactly this. Same goes for Stockdale, who has also been an excellent servant for this club for two years, but surely isn't legend status.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Vicente was listed in the OP, and it would surely be argued that Ulloa's contribution in his time here was FAR greater than Vicente's.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Vicente was listed in the OP, and it would surely be argued that Ulloa's contribution in his time here was FAR greater than Vicente's.

Sorry - I didn't spot that. I'd also say Vicente is nowhere legend status, amazing as he was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here