Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

looking back i know but.....

I hate the feeling of despondency and if only this or that's but just can't get out of my head the 2 nil lead at qpr let slip the lead at derby we let slip and that bloody Burnley equaliser in stoppage time from a needless given away set piece. Yes Burnley had a ghost goal ruled out so probably evened it out but we dominated against them for all but last 20 Mins and those 3 games will always stick in my mind of the games that we threw away

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I hate the feeling of despondency and if only this or that's but just can't get out of my head the 2 nil lead at qpr let slip the lead at derby we let slip and that bloody Burnley equaliser in stoppage time from a needless given away set piece. Yes Burnley had a ghost goal ruled out so probably evened it out but we dominated against them for all but last 20 Mins and those 3 games will always stick in my mind of the games that we threw away

I know what you mean, but you can't torture yourself. You could probably find several instances the other way round (MK Dons missed penalty), where we pinched a goal late on (Sidwell at Forest).

Just accept the fact that we came up slightly short - played some breathtaking football all season and have a TEAM in the literal sense.

Take pride in what we have achieved this season and hope for just a bit more next!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Don't worry, we all go through this...." if only this, if only that " .....mental mind wringing, in situations like this but whatever happens over the course of a whole season, when you have your chance, you have to take it. On Monday, we had to win by at least two goals. We came out like world-beaters and had Wednesday reeling. We missed vital chances and they scored a fortuitous goal, that knocked some of the stuffing out of us. The players and fans alike know that we should have scored at least twice in that opening salvo and that would have put more pressure on the opposition.
So maybe, it all boils down to being a bit more clinical in front of goal and just enjoying a little bit more luck. That's all.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
If we had only lost 2-0 to Boro, we'd be up. It's not a particularly useful thing to worry about. All we can do is ensure that next season, we roar the Albion over the line in every game.

If we had only lost 2-0 to Boro, we'd be up. It's not a particularly useful thing to worry about. All we can do is ensure that next season, we roar the Albion over the line in every game.

Totally off topic, but every time I read one of your posts, out of the corner of my eye your Avatar always looks like a facepalm.

Guess I need my eyes tested.

and finally got listen to talk sport or 5 live and pundits on there and on sky etc etc or some of them take the piss when they say the best 2 teams went up and the best 2 teams are fighting it out at Wembley in play off final!!! but I will get over it its only a game after all and have and will always be a Brighton nut through thick and thin wherever we are and whatever we do like everyone else on here

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Totally off topic, but every time I read one of your posts, out of the corner of my eye your Avatar always looks like a facepalm.

Guess I need my eyes tested.

I guess that's what happens when you watch the Albion for long enough...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know what you mean, but you can't torture yourself. You could probably find several instances the other way round (MK Dons missed penalty), where we pinched a goal late on (Sidwell at Forest).

All ifs and buts - had MK scored the pen and Sidwell missed we would have been in the play offs any way and rested most of the team at Boro so played the first playoff leg on an equal footing with Stephens in the middle.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If “ifs” and “buts” were beer and nuts, we’d have ourselves a party

If "ifs" and "ands" were pots and pans there'd be no work for tinkers' hands.

Turn the page fellas ....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And that is the simplest 'if only' of all. If Boro had scored just ONE goal less at our place, or we'd scored just ONE goal more at theirs, we'd have avoided the playoffs nightmare altogether, and pipped Boro - on goal difference! And just how would their fans now be feeling about that?

If we'd scored one more goal at their place we'd have finished three points ahead of them!

Anyway, I cou6ldn't give a toss about how they might have felt in our position!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here