Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First pre-season friendly announced - Whitehawk v Albion XI

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Albion must be waiting for further confirmation before they announce Ajax away followed by the mini tournament in Hamburg and the game v The Prime Ministers X! in Pattaya
wish they would hurry up

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This looks like a Dev Squad friendly doesn't it ? ???

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Been a regular pre-season fixture hasn't it for the past few seasons?
As BV suggests, does sound like the Dev Squad. The first team local fixture has tended to be v Lewes at the wonderfully named Dripping Pan the last two or three years at least. The Lewes game tends to be a decent one in the sunshine, few beers, few laughs, and a taster for the season to come.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As BV suggests, does sound like the Dev Squad. The first team local fixture has tended to be v Lewes at the wonderfully named Dripping Pan the last two or three years at least. The Lewes game tends to be a decent one in the sunshine, few beers, few laughs, and a taster for the season to come.

Both been good fixtures. Spent the day day the beach prior to the Whitehawk one for Hyppia's first game in charge I think, and the terraces behind the goals at Lewes are a real old school treat.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bit surprised. Very poor pitch, appalling changing rooms and potentially a rough game.

Would have thought Burgess Hill or Bognor would have been better.

Worthing excluded due to 3G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Both been good fixtures. Spent the day day the beach prior to the Whitehawk one for Hyppia's first game in charge I think, and the terraces behind the goals at Lewes are a real old school treat.

Whitehawk was three years ago, Oscar's first game in charge. Saw Solly play for the first time. He scored. I'm really looking forward to the prospect of him starting on the left, and Le Petit Magicien on the right. Make it happen.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Bit surprised. Very poor pitch, appalling changing rooms and potentially a rough game.

Would have thought Burgess Hill or Bognor would have been better.

Worthing excluded due to 3G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's given me a flashback to the Burgess Hill friendly, and the first appearance of CMS...his long hair was causing some giddiness and excitement amongst the ladies near where I was standing (just by the "dug outs", with CMS and the rest of the team for the second half all stretching and warming up just by us). Such a sense of anticipation for what this record signing wonderkid was going to offer us over the course of the season...

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe

Whilst that is true I would have thought that it would be the other way round this year with Lewes being relegated out of the Burgess Hill's league and Whitehawk getting to the Conference South playoffs..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here