Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Euphoria of Knockaert's name on the teamsheet

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Dare I say he's a better player and signing than Vicente was ? Not just for his availability through not being constantly injured but his sheer skill running with the ball and ability to open up a defence with pace !

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Hearing what seemed to be the whole stadium singing 'we've got Knockaert...'

WOW.

More of that for our team next season please.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
same as when Bobby's name was announced in the line up at Peterborough c13? years ago. Missed a pen then scored the winner I recall.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How the **** did his free kick manage to hit the inside of Wednesday's lefthand upright, rebound across goal avoiding the righthand upright and then like a ****, roll off harmlessly for a goal kick.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
The buzz outside before the game when word started to go around was superb.
Not in a noticeable chanting way, but person to person at the outside catering etc. It literally lifted everyone and his genius is held in the highest regard!!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That was a real "Wow!" moment, and he came so close to delivering what we all hoped for.

Agree. He was the one I was most gutted about on Friday (even ignoring going down to ten men as a result). If anyone was going to win it for us, it was him and, as you say, he came very close. For anyone he was amazing last night but for a player who could hardly walk on Friday, he was incredible. What a signing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was on the train reading Twitter when I saw the team as reported by Andy Naylor. Normally I just read it out to my other half but I blurted it out loudly that Knockaert (& Sidwell) was starting. You could tangibly feel the buzz running through the carriage. Everyone started smiling.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The buzz outside before the game when word started to go around was superb.
Not in a noticeable chanting way, but person to person at the outside catering etc. It literally lifted everyone and his genius is held in the highest regard!!!

Exactly this - was in the queue at the fish and chip van when the tweet was posted..........'you're *****ng joking !!!' etc...........

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
When the team news filtered through in the north stand the whole concourse started singing 'we've got knockaert'. It seemed like every free kick we had in his sort of area the entire stadium was singing the knockaert song. His tweets after the game are fantastic too, I do hope we keep him.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I just wanted to scream at everyone around me in Dick's Bar and celebrate like we'd scored a goal!

I think he's the best player in the Championship, and I wouldn't say that often. Let's hope we can keep him in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here