Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euphoria of Dunk's Goal

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
It pains me to reflect on this, and I'm my own worst enemy even writing this thread. But my word, I think the euphoria of that goal surpassed celebrating Buckley's against Donny Rovers. In the North Stand, going absolutely bananas, arm around the fella next to me who I didn't know from Adam, blokes in front of me picking each other up, fella behind me standing on his chair going nuts.

I will have a tear in my eye the rest of my life when I reminisce about that game, that goal, that team. We all urged Albion supporters to go to the game to cheer the team on, and to be able to say "I was there" if we did the impossible. We didn't do the impossible, but I will be telling my future children and my children's children that "I was there" that heartbreaking, pride-filled night.

Sorry if I poured salt into open wounds. I know myself too well that I'll be doing it until we reach the Premier League.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I was so sure, so sure we were gonna do it when that flew in.

If that first half was played out 100 times, 95 of them we would be at least, least, 2 goals clear.

I still can't quite fathom how it was all square.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
No, you're about right. I was doing a fair bit of stranger hugging too. It was... emotional.

One odd note. The man to my right left with four minutes of normal time to go. He clapped me on the shoulder, said "always next season" with a wry smile and departed. Granted, I don't know anything about his life. He might well have had a thousand reasons why he needed to leave early but for the sake of another 15 minutes he could have hung on, sung himself silly and applauded until his hands were red raw to usher the team of the pitch. I am so glad most of us hung on for that. Rosenior and Stockdale looked pretty broken up as they brung up the rear past the north stand. Every single one of them deserved the plaudits they received.

We were there.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Touch of the euphorias here

https://vimeo.com/167016895

How are people just clapping and not screaming?! I was going absolutely mental, hugging the random people around me, jumping all over the place, I believed at the time it was a goal that would lead us to an almighty comeback, and was celebrating aptly. I'm not criticising anyone that didn't celebrate like that, more wondering how you couldn't not go mental!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was pleased but not euphoric. It was only half a job done, which as it turned out, wasn't enough.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How are people just clapping and not screaming?! I was going absolutely mental, hugging the random people around me, jumping all over the place, I believed at the time it was a goal that would lead us to an almighty comeback, and was celebrating aptly. I'm not criticising anyone that didn't celebrate like that, more wondering how you couldn't not go mental!

Hey it's the first time the guy in front of me has moved during a match all season :moo:

:)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

I can go mental with the best of them but I just stood, arms raised, didn't feel like a mental moment I guess. A second goal....well....

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think I was ever so slightly more euphoric when Stephens scored at Boro.

Yea boro was more so, the aisles were packed and for a very brief few moments felt like terracing the way it was swaying. There must have been 10 or so more people in my row than seats. A great moment marred 3 minutes later.

Both moments felt very similar though, going from blind positivity to realising we actually might just be able to pull this off. Made it all the more tragic really.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Nothing compared to Stephens at Boro which was absolute limbs.

Both goals meant we still needed one more, of course I went mental but more of a 'GET THE BALL' than anything else yesterday.

A second (and third goal) and half the north stand would have been on the pitch.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Each to his own. I was not at Boro so I think that took some of the pleasure off. The big screens at the Amex were not quite the same. I guess what makes the goal on Monday so good was
a) it looked like we would not score but then it came
b) it looked like we could and would win
c) there were 25K Brighton fans jumping up and down including those who are generally a lot more sedate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here