Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Season

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm the complete opposite. I need time to get over this season. I don't even want to think about starting all over again in August.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't wait as well.

As soon as the transfer window slams shut and we've kept Knockaert and Kayal then I'll breathe a little easier.

1st friendly must be about 7 weeks away.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I can....and can't but mostly can....

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpeg
Trying to look on the bright side of last nights disappointment, so here's a start
Looking Forward to away trips to all the teams on List A more than I would be than playing the B list
Although we'll be missing out playing the top 8 the rest of the prem league does look pretty drap these days (not sour grapes)
When I started watching football in the 70s most of the teams on list A were some of the top teams in the country Forest, Leeds,Ipswich & Derby
So bring on another promotion push season in the championship were we'll probably lose about 7 games as opposed to only winning 7 games all season in the prem
Yep I'd love to be playing in the top division but another season in the championship ain't all that bad

Put Hull on B list as slight favourites to be beat Sheff wed

Last edited:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
After the disappointment, I'm looking forward now, not back. I'm looking forward to seeing our squad get put together for the new season.
I'm confident we can assemble a competitive squad, as good as or better than what we have at the moment.
Forget Newcastle or any other challenging teams, if we all stick together then we can at least equal our 89 points from this season.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looking forward to a bit of cricket, actually. Though will still enjoy some crap threads about who we are trying to buy..........................................

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I have just realised that added to the similarities with 1978 of just missing out on promotion - we will now have Newcastle next year. What's the odds on our last game being at St James'?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
View attachment 74833
Trying to look on the bright side of last nights disappointment, so here's a start
Looking Forward to away trips to all the teams on List A more than I would be than playing the B list
Although we'll be missing out playing the top 8 the rest of the prem league does look pretty drap these days (not sour grapes)
When I started watching football in the 70s most of the teams on list A were some of the top teams in the country Forest, Leeds,Ipswich & Derby
So bring on another promotion push season in the championship were we'll probably lose about 7 games as opposed to only winning 7 games all season in the prem
Yep I'd love to be playing in the top division but another season in the championship ain't all that bad

Put Hull on B list as slight favourites to be beat Sheff wed

Very much this. So many uninteresting/underwhelming fixtures in the top flight and I'd include the two dullest, most soulless clubs on the planet in that - Chelsea and Man City.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Take away Man U,City,Chelsea,Spurs,Aresnal,Liverpool and that leaves a bunch of teams I wouldn't be overly excited about watching.

A positive from us staying in the Championship is that it will be easy for me to get tickets to take my 6 year old and we won't get money grabbing idiots like
those who play for teams such as Chelsea and City.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Looking forward to a bit of cricket, actually. Though will still enjoy some crap threads about who we are trying to buy..........................................

Me too - need to try to clear my mind of football for a bit - shame we have the Euros really. Cricket will be good - test match starting is ideal. Have great fear about threads relating to departures and look forward to seeing new arrivals.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm excited. I'm also excited about the summer we're going to have. I think Uncle Tony will be treating us to some FLAIR in the striking department!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have just realised that added to the similarities with 1978 of just missing out on promotion - we will now have Newcastle next year. What's the odds on our last game being at St James'?

I don't know....thank goodness it ain't going to be the Riverside again!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here