Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Escape Theme

Should The Great Escape become our second song after last night?

• Yes

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • Where Eagles Dare Instead

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Sussex By The Sea Only

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Is/Could/Should The Great Escape Theme become our second song?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I don't think so personally and also thought that it should not have been played over the PA but instead let the fans create the atmosphere, last nights efforts at getting the chant going which then stopped after about 45 seconds as not many joined in were pretty woeful, unlike at Hillsborough where it was non-stop for 30 minutes.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For me it's only relevant in certain scenarios, like last night, THAT Burnley game etc. Isn't that the whole point of it?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's fine as a one-off but using it regularly would imply a victim mentality. Anyway, half the Great Escapers got shot.

While it sounded great last night the I don't think the Great Escape is the right tune. If we were bottom of the league and fighting relegation yes but if we have to have an additional one to GOSBTS then shirley we can find something more appropriate to a team that is looking to beat others almost on merit, certainly by skill and endeavour and flair and not just fighting to the death.

Maybe Dambusters?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
attachment.php

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Colonel Von Luger, it is the sworn duty of all officers to try to escape. If they cannot escape, then it is their sworn duty to cause the enemy to use an inordinate number of troops to guard them, and their sworn duty to harass the enemy to the best of their ability.

Take note Newcastle United & Aston Villa.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
No, it was great against Burnley and Wednesday because it was spontaneous and what we needed, it will lose all affect if became a regular song.

Definitely NOT. Whenever I hear it blasted out at an Albion game, I just know that it spells out the message that we are expecting a defeat.

One observation about the flags that were handed out last night ... Once it got dark, the blue flags became almost invisible. All that I saw was 10,000 Albion fans waving white flags. It was hardly the inspiring message that was intended.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Definitely NOT. Whenever I hear it blasted out at an Albion game, I just know that it spells out the message that we are expecting a defeat.

One observation about the flags that were handed out last night ... Once it got dark, the blue flags became almost invisible. All that I saw was 10,000 Albion fans waving white flags. It was hardly the inspiring message that was intended.

Looked good from ESU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here