Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who could step up from the development squad next season?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Just wondering if anyone in the development squad looks like they might be pushing for first-team next year. Is there anyone here on watches them regularly?

Hambo, Harper, Towell, that Norwegian bloke?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Towell is already in the first team squad.

Not sure there are going to be any stepping into the senior squad this summer, although there will no longer be 93 day loans available.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Towell is already in the first team squad.

Not sure there are going to be any stepping into the senior squad this summer, although there will no longer be 93 day loans available.

Yes, you're right about Towell of course.

I suppose the one there's most expectation about Harper. Remember when he signed he said he wanted to be pushing for the first-team by Christmas. All kinds of reasons why that didn't happen I imagine but you'd think if he's going to make it here it will have to be at some point next season.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Towards the middle /end part of next season with a pre season with us under his belt , i think this young man may be pushing for a place on the bench

jonah-ayunga-signs-010216-l229-2932814_478x359.jpg

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I've watched a lot of the Development squad this season and the only two who really impressed me were James Tilley and Jayson Molumby (when he's played). The latter looks like being a hell of a player.

That said, AZ Gull is probably the one to ask on the subject.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've watched a lot of the Development squad this season and the only two who really impressed me were James Tilley and Jayson Mulumby (when he's played). The later looks like being a hell of a player.

That said, AZ Gull is probably the one to ask on the subject.

Through Irish family, I know a lad who has just signed a 2.5 year deal at Saints. He has played through the age groups with Molumby, and the other Irish lads at the Albion (Byrne, Mandriou, etc). I asked him about Molumby and he rates him very, very highly. 'Never stops', 'works SO hard', etc

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yep. JT. Definitely the closest we have to being ready. Rob Hunt. Molumby perhaps (if you're good enough yada yada)

Would like to see Hunt shadowing Bruno......what a talent to learn from!
Molumby maybe the season after if only because he will need to bulk up to play midfield in the championship but a real gem in the making by all accounts.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, we don't "do" strikers, never have. So anyone who makes it through will presumably be bolstering us in the middle of the park or at the back.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Through Irish family, I know a lad who has just signed a 2.5 year deal at Saints. He has played through the age groups with Molumby, and the other Irish lads at the Albion (Byrne, Mandriou, etc). I asked him about Molumby and he rates him very, very highly. 'Never stops', 'works SO hard', etc

Judging by some social media posts by (and about) Molumby, he comes across as someone who is immensely proud of, and has a lot of gratitude for, his roots (ie his family, his country, and even his junior football clubs). It is clear that playing for his country (let alone captaining the side) means the world to him. He appears to be (for want of a better word) "driven".

I can only hope that Albion are the recipients of what that produces, for many years to come.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just LOVE the head-mental idea of having ex-Real Madrid Scottish STARLET Jack Harper in The Stripes. It's the stuff of dreams. If he can make the next step up.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Molumby has done very well. Only just old enough to even be an "U18" last season and straight in as an U21 regular. That said, I don't think he's anywhere near ready to make the step up to the first team yet.

Henrik Bjordal and James Tilley have looked decent but with the wide options we have I can't see them getting a look in next season. Vahid Hambo, if he can get himself fit probably isn't to far away from an opportunity if our stable of 1st team strikers were injured. Glen Rea is probably the closest but has a group of experience centre backs ahead of him, so expect him to go out on loan again, unless Greer is released or we sell Dunk. Hunt is good although hard to see a way in for him at the moment, expect him to be out loan next season to find his feet in the senior game.

I don't think any of them are going to be first team regulars, one or two might be able to sneak onto the bench if we have injuries. We do tend to have a lot of senior players which makes it hard for any youngster to get a chance. If we have some injury problems next season though might see a few getting a chance with the short term loans getting banned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here